GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pink Panther

Jan 13, 2015
Hollywood
Nice to get the contract settled to know what we're working with cap wise, mainly for next off-season.

I pay attention to the cap a lot in the off-season and just before October. I don't worry to much about being ~1M off in July, no biggie. These league minimum guys and ELC guys are flexible enough to move people up and down as needed (assuming no waiver poaching, looking at you Mike Reilly). But I get anxious for teams like Washington that are already 4M+ over the cap with LTIR lol.

I think even starting the year with 22 on the roster is fine, the truth is that someone always gets hurt and a call up is needed.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Ekblad. We need that cap space for Verhaeghe and/or Bennett next year. But like, how do we replace Ek longterm? Do we hope Bob retires after this year?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Ekblad. We need that cap space for Verhaeghe and/or Bennett next year. But like, how do we replace Ek longterm? Do we hope Bob retires after this year?

Verhaeghe was already rumored to be working on an extension. I think Lundell's deal pretty much rules out a Bennett extension.

Reactions: BeezKnees

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Puckpedia has Florida as 88k over because they have Florida as carrying a full 23 man roster. I would personally rather Knight and only carry 13 forwards and 7dmen but if they really want 14 forwards, both work:

Option 1 with Knight, this would be 600k under the cap and Florida would have 1 extra dman and 1 extra forward:

O4WNaS7.png

option 2 with Judge and Entwhistle as a 14th forward, this is 200k under the cap:

rmQpByt.png

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

There is no indication of Bob slowing down anytime soon, also we have seen in recent years goalies continue to play well into their mid 30's even Quick playing well last year in his late 30's. This to me signals the possibility of moving on from Spencer Knight. We could always acquire another goalie via trade. Askarov right now is available for the right price and he was just as highly touted as Knight was coming into his draft. I would have to say with 15 million dollars + locked up in goaltending this is the specific position that should be looked at to open up cap.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

We have options, lots of cap still available for 25/26. Depends on how much Benny is looking for in next contract. If he's in the $7-8M range and Ek or replacement is $5M, that's very doable.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

305Pantera

Jun 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Happy we were able to work something out with Lundy! A little higher than I'd hope for, but got a few more years than I was expecting as well. As others have mentioned, this will be a great deal moving forward.

Really hope that we can work something out with Benny too! Seeing him skate the puck right up the middle into the offensive zone is a thing of beauty!!! He finishes his checks and can throw hands if needed, definitely want him around for a while as well and believe he should be considered a major part of our "core."

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Yeah. I'd think Zito and his mgmt team has to be thinking about how realistic their chances are winning the Cup in the next season are or should they keep shuffling the deck even more to be better prepared to fight in the long term.

Love Eky… Unlike you…

But I do think that this is the move to make to keep our window open as wide as possible !

Zito has already brought back the whole left-side of our D, and they all are some of our unsung heroes: Forsling, Mikkola, Kulikov.

If you move Aaron, yes it means we would change half our D, but it also means we can basically run and keep our top-9 as it is for the near future AND long-term !

I feel we should do it… And I think Zito knows too !

Reactions: 305Pantera

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Love Eky… Unlike you…

But I do think that this is the move to make to keep our window open as wide as possible !

Zito has already brought back the whole left-side of our D, and they all are some of our unsung heroes: Forsling, Mikkola, Kulikov.

If you move Aaron, yes it means we would change half our D, but it also means we can basically run and keep our top-9 as it is for the near future AND long-term !

I feel we should do it… And I think Zito knows too !
We're going to compete for the next fourish, decline a bit, and then move from the Barkov Cats to the Lundell Cats.

15 is going to the rafters next to 16 after his own time captaining the Ps to a cup

• Love
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad