GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
a385a0564ec03cc1.jpg

damn florida taxes

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Panther

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
OMG…

Love that signing !

Don’t love what it means for this year though…

But Lundy is gonna be a freaking bargain comes year-2 of that deal, you can bet on it ! And we keep him happy by not bridging him… Gotta say… His performance in the last two playoffs really earned him that fat paycheck !

Happy for Anton… Less happy for the Panthers 24-25 !

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It would be better to trade e-rod than Ekblad which just open up another hole on right D. Spencer Knight is an option to be traded too. Maybe even Carter Verhaghe.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Reactions: Boothinator

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Boqvist can still come pretty cheap IMO.

Bill has to make it happen, we really need depth on D…

Some rumblings about Ekblad going on again from unofficial channels on X.

Guess that trade could be the solution !

@TIP mentioned that Ekky was a die hard Wings fan when he was growing up so maybe Yzerman could make something happen.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Entwistle
You don't have to carry him, that roster I put has 22 guys which is more than enough. If the team really (not sure why) wants to carry 23, they can bury Knight which would free up 1.15 million and add Driedger at 795k which would save 300k and make them cap complaint, so Florida doesn't have to make a trade, but again I am unclear as to why they just wouldn't carry 22.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
@TIP mentioned that Ekky was a die hard Wings fan when he was growing up so maybe Yzerman could make something happen.

It does seem to pickup with Detroit since yesterday… Don’t know if I should believe that !

But it does seem like a big move Yzerman could make to sell his team as out-of-the-basement/ready-to-contend type of trade…

Guess we’ll see, nothing really from officials, except Pagnotta I believe, during the parade, so…

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
It does seem to pickup with Detroit since yesterday… Don’t know if I should believe that !

But it does seem like a big move Yzerman could make to sell his team as out-of-the-basement/ready-to-contend type of trade…

Guess we’ll see, nothing really from officials, except Pagnotta I believe, during the parade, so…

Yeah. I'd think Zito and his mgmt team has to be thinking about how realistic their chances are winning the Cup in the next season are or should they keep shuffling the deck even more to be better prepared to fight in the long term.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Re: Knight-He is on a 1 way contract which means he gets his whole salary regardless of whether he's in the NHL or AHL. You can bury up to 1.15 million of any contract, so if the Panthers bury Knight and bring up Driedger, they would save 300k and allow to bring up a 14th forward. I am unclear as to why the org would rather have a 14th forward up than Knight but it's doable without any trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad