GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Love Schmitty. Great attitude.

Reported that he took less money to play for the Panthers & loved playing for P Maurice!

Reported that he took less money to play for the Panthers & loved playing for P Maurice!
Big change from where we used to be. “He took more money from the Panthers to get an early start on retirement”

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

It's funny hearing Zito talk about completing the Reinhart signing as if it was no big deal and he laughs when asked about the "insiders" like LeBrun tweeting about how the negotiations were going down to the wire. Zito was asleep lol

Another good reminder to not believe everything from the 'insiders' looking for clicks.

Also listening to him, he's so thoughtful and intelligent, and even more importantly you can tell he really cares. We're really lucky to have him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Nice signing for Schmidt, pretty much league minimum. Makes sense we got him, i was thinking there was a good chance we’d snag him, werent we rumored to be in on him several years ago? I remember being really close to getting him. Unless im confusing him with someone else

Edit: ok yeah it was him

IMG_5686.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
To use ESPN’s expression, Zito’s been in Levy’s and Messier’s and PK’s kitchen all year
Actually PK likes us, he's done several interviews since and during the Final, most notably the Pat McAfee Show where he was gushing about us. He also predicted us to win game 7, and I remember him saying that somewhere that afternoon before the game. Levy and Messier though, yeah. I mean Messier was born in Edmonton, and obviously won 5 Cups there, so....

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Actually PK likes us, he's done several interviews since and during the Final, most notably the Pat McAfee Show where he was gushing about us. He also predicted us to win game 7, and I remember him saying that somewhere that afternoon before the game. Levy and Messier though, yeah. I mean Messier was born in Edmonton, and obviously won 5 Cups there, so....
If Messier had just told the audience, look folks I’m from Edmonton and played there a long time, I cannot be impartial here, I’m rooting for the Oilers — but I’ll do the hockey analysis fairly as I see it, without homerism. I woulda been okay with it because it’s honest. It’s ridiculous when they try to fake it and it’s obvious what they’re doing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If Messier had just told the audience, look folks I’m from Edmonton and played there a long time, I cannot be impartial here, I’m rooting for the Oilers — but I’ll do the hockey analysis fairly as I see it, without homerism. I woulda been okay with it because it’s honest. It’s ridiculous when they try to fake it and it’s obvious what they’re doing.
He tried to be impartial at moments but it was painful to watch, he would always revert to his homerism quickly.

Reactions: KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad