Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I don't know why Nurse is considered buyout proof. It's only 1.5 million.

It's happening at some point
1.5 million for one season. Then it gets real ugly

Quick someone tell me the nearest ledge I can jump off from
Canucks troll bait

My god that’s a killer forward group.
Honestly likely the best we will ever see in our lifetimes. Enjoy it

I've noticed most of the anti-Kane arguments seem to come from the land of make believe.
Him being injured for two straight years, being poor defensively and being on the wrong side of 30 isn't make believe though

Reactions: foshizzle

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Nothin actually definitive about Kane being a distraction or souring the room. Guy gave the team a discount and chose to be here. Had 2 obvious injuries and was instrumental in helping us stave off elimination by Van just recently yet media and fans have turned on him

This base doesn't do itself any favors and act's shocked when they are called out

Right now I would say many media/fans are waaaaaay more toxic than Kane

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Him being injured for two straight years, being poor defensively and being on the wrong side of 30 isn't make believe though

This is so disingenuous. His injuries aren't recurring like some players with their backs or shoulders. Should we be worried that his wrist will get cut by a skate again? Did Crosby's sports hernia come back?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
His passing has also been atrocious for his entire career. Volume shooter that has a knack for ending controlled possessions. A misfit in Knoblauch's system and buried pretty low on the projected depth chart.

But sure, make believe.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
His passing has also been atrocious for his entire career. Volume shooter that has a knack for ending controlled possessions. A misfit in Knoblauch's system and buried pretty low on the projected depth chart.

But sure, make believe.
The make believe is posters bringing up how hes a bad teammate and person here, and he showed up to camp out of shape.

Reactions: McBooya42

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Marty Birons perspective...

Weak take IMO.

How is this guy still so bad at speaking English? Toddlers who’ve been out the womb less then 4 years speak more clearly then a guy who’s lived in the US for decades and speaks on television for a living. What was that Marty the Edmonton Urliers?

That said this is a classic “I’m gonna think the opposite of what everyone else thinks” take. The team that lost is the better team than the team that won and then added considerably to the roster while the loser team lost their rentals and key playoff contributors. And then he tops it off rattling off a bunch of guys who had career years like that’s the norm before landing on the only guy who didn’t have a career year and saying he expects him to be better lmao.

No wonder Jermaine Franklin struggled to stop himself from laughing in Birons face.

Reactions: Sanchez and guymez

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Marty Birons perspective...

Weak take IMO.

Meh, I could give a rats ass about his take. It was stupid anyways.
We all know how much better the Oilers are and have gotten even better after what JJ did on free agency.

Can't wait for next season's false narratives from the mouth-breathers again:
  • Oilers defense sucks!
  • Oilers can't defend as a team!
  • Oilers are a one line team!
  • Oilers cannot score without Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Oilers would suck without Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Bouchard sucks and is carried by Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Oilers have no depth in their lineup!
  • Oilers are PP merchants!
Nothing new especially from the mains and their usual dumb ass suspects.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Meh, I could give a rats ass about his take. It was stupid anyways.
We all know how much better the Oilers are and have gotten even better after what JJ did on free agency.

Can't wait for next season's false narratives from the mouth-breathers again:
  • Oilers defense sucks!
  • Oilers can't defend as a team!
  • Oilers are a one line team!
  • Oilers cannot score without Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Oilers would suck without Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Bouchard sucks and is carried by Draisaitl and McDavid!
  • Oilers have no depth in their lineup!
  • Oilers are PP merchants!
Nothing new especially from the mains and their usual dumb ass suspects.
IMO we are one upgrade on D away from becoming an absolute unit of a team. I don't mind Stetcher and I like the physicality that Brown brings, but I can't help but feel like we need an upgrade on 1 of Ceci and Nurse and since 1 of them makes $9.25 million, that upgrade will come at the expense of Ceci.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
IMO we are one upgrade on D away from becoming an absolute unit of a team. I don't mind Stetcher and I like the physicality that Brown brings, but I can't help but feel like we need an upgrade on 1 of Ceci and Nurse and since 1 of them makes $9.25 million, that upgrade will come at the expense of Ceci.

Yeah, Ceci and Nurse suck balls defensively. We all know the only solution is that one of them is at least movable, as Nurse's contract and his play would = nobody wants his ass which means Ceci has to go. That's why it also made sense on why the Oilers management tried to trade Ceci at the draft. IMO, Stecher is just a placeholder until that legitimate top four d man is acquired. I don't have any expectations on Brown. Maybe he'll do better here, but that guy's advanced stats are just yikes to see. At least his contract is easy to bury down, so that's a major positive.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What do you guys know about Gustav Lindstrom? 25 year old RHD, 6'2" from Sweden and a +12 in 32 games with Anaheim. How in the f*** was the guy +12 on that team last season?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just imagine what they could do with $9.25M in cap space.
Even if they have to retain $2M it would be a massive help.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder where Justin Schultz' game is these days? Guy could pass the puck pretty well and had a good wrister from the point. Is he a candidate for a cheap Ceci replacement? If so, I wonder if Nuge could convince him to come back?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I won't even want to try because it would likely make me feel sick to my stomach! Here's to hoping that Nurse looks himself in the mirror this offseason and gets back to the player he was even 2 seasons ago.

Reactions: guymez

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Would be nice. Just don't see any realistic trade that involves Nurse imo.
1) The cost would be too damn high. 2) McDavid and Draisaitl consider him to be among the core.
Nurse needs a legitimate top four d man partner that can move/transition the puck. Not sure who's available, but I trust JJ or the future GM to acquire that player.
I wonder where Justin Schultz' game is these days? Guy could pass the puck pretty well and had a good wrister from the point. Is he a candidate for a cheap Ceci replacement? If so, I wonder if Nuge could convince him to come back?
He still sucks balls defensively. I don't like to use +/- too, but his -23 is pretty yikes. The other D on Seattle don't even have a - badly enough to that margin. Next up is Will Borgen with a -5. Schultz would be the last person on Seattle I'd want. I'd kill to have Larsson back though.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Nuge had 18, played on the pp all year, wasn’t injured, doesn’t hit and is on the wrong side of 30.
But sure, keep running your mouth about Kane.
Because they are the same player and play the exact same way right? Keep running my mouth- is Kane your dad or something? I also stated facts- I’m sorry if that offends you.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s been 3 years since Darnell signed his 9.25M contract. I’m looking at the UFA D signed this year, and still the Nurse cap hit is not getting any more reasonable, in fact it’s looking worse.

I’ll never understand how Holland f***ed that up so bad. Yes, Seth Jones was signed that year too at a high cap hit. Jones had to be traded for and convinced to extend in a rebuild in Chicago by a GM who was desperate to extend the Kane/Toews window. Jones was also the higher pedigree defenceman. If Holland wasn’t a lazy asshole and put some brain power into this decision, he would have realized that Jones is NOT a comp for Nurse.

Keep in mind too it was reported that Nurse was expecting LESS on his extension, but when the Jones deal went down it became an easy comp and jackpot for Nurse. Holland did the lazy thing, saw the Jones signing, which made his job “easy” in that he could just say well there’s your number. Nurse also could have been extended during the year or after the year, if Holland wasn’t a moron he waits for more appropriate comps and we sign Nurse to still a more reasonable deal.

Reactions: foshizzle

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Would be nice. Just don't see any realistic trade that involves Nurse imo.
1) The cost would be too damn high. 2) McDavid and Draisaitl consider him to be among the core.
Nurse needs a legitimate top four d man partner that can move/transition the puck. Not sure who's available, but I trust JJ or the future GM to acquire that player.

He still sucks balls defensively. I don't like to use +/- too, but his -23 is pretty yikes. The other D on Seattle don't even have a - badly enough to that margin. Next up is Will Borgen with a -5. Schultz would be the last person on Seattle I'd want. I'd kill to have Larsson back though.
I dont know...Ceci was good with Kulak. Nurse was bad with everyone.
If he could at least play like a $4M dman I would be happy.
What does it say when the $9.25M dman needs the perfect partner before he is any good?

Larsson would make a world of difference on this team in lieu of Nurse.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It’s been 3 years since Darnell signed his 9.25M contract. I’m looking at the UFA D signed this year, and still the Nurse cap hit is not getting any more reasonable, in fact it’s looking worse.

I’ll never understand how Holland f***ed that up so bad. Yes, Seth Jones was signed that year too at a high cap hit. Jones had to be traded for and convinced to extend in a rebuild in Chicago by a GM who was desperate to extend the Kane/Toews window. Jones was also the higher pedigree defenceman. If Holland wasn’t a lazy asshole and put some brain power into this decision, he would have realized that Jones is NOT a comp for Nurse.

Keep in mind too it was reported that Nurse was expecting LESS on his extension, but when the Jones deal went down it became an easy comp and jackpot for Nurse. Holland did the lazy thing, saw the Jones signing, which made his job “easy” in that he could just say well there’s your number. Nurse also could have been extended during the year or after the year, if Holland wasn’t a moron he waits for more appropriate comps and we sign Nurse to still a more reasonable deal.

We're stuck with his anchor of a contract no matter what lol. The only solution is to move out shit ass Ceci and find Nurse a partner that can defend and move the puck out.
I dont know...Ceci was good with Kulak. Nurse was bad with everyone.
If he could at least play like a $4M dman I would be happy.
What does it say when the $9.25M dman needs the perfect partner before he is any good?

Larsson would make a world of difference on this team in lieu of Nurse.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I swore I saw the advanced stats that showed Ceci dragged all of his partners and any forwards down whenever he was on the ice. Nurse's numbers actually improved without him amusingly enough considering Nurse was already dreadful still with and without Ceci. Plus Ceci would be much easier to trade than Nurse. It would be like CBJ with Don Waddell and Merzilikins where Don pretty much said "Nobody is trading for that contract." Same thing applies with Nurse IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad