Proposal: NYR - Winnipeg (Lafreniere for Scheifele)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
And why would the team with the 1st OA pick trade it for a guy who has been terrible at the NHL lvl for 2 straight years?

He hasnt been terrible. He just hasnt lived up to expectations offensively. Defensively he has been fine and not costing us games.

And let me ask u a question. If he is so terrible why would u want to trade schefle for him?

i will give u a hint. Its because he has enormous potential and he hasnt even played a full 82 game schedule yet. Which is the exact reason why the rangers wouldnt trade him unless they were getting someone like that. Which isnt schefle.

Not to mention the cap problems

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He hasnt been terrible. He just hasnt lived up to expectations offensively. Defensively he has been fine and not costing us games.

And let me ask u a question. If he is so terrible why would u want to trade schefle for him?

i will give u a hint. Its because he has enormous potential and he hasnt even played a full 82 game schedule yet. Which is the exact reason why the rangers wouldnt trade him unless they were getting someone like that. Which isnt schefle.

Not to mention the cap problems
And why would a team able to pick Wright, Savoie, Kemel, Nemec or Jiricek deal their pick for a guy who's been subpar now? And needs a new contract next year losing 3 years of team control in the process?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
And why would a team able to pick Wright, Savoie, Kemel, Nemec or Jiricek deal their pick for a guy who's been subpar now? And needs a new contract next year losing 3 years of team control in the process?

they wouldnt. Which is why including Laf in any trade proposal is just dumb

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
......this actually makes alot of sense. NYR become an instant powerhouse, if they weren't already. Jets clear space for PLD and Copp etc. Scheifele has 2.5 years on a very nice deal. I like it for both teams even though I'm not convinced Laf will be a bonafide #1.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I think the biggest issue is that Mark only has 2 years after this season left on his deal.

If you were the GM that traded a recent 1st overall for 2 years of a player, you arent going to be the GM much longer or ever again.

this would be rangers best option for a 2c that will fit in the cap for the next couple of years. There won’t be anything better or comparable.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
No thanks.

Honestly Rangers would need to add.. lots. Scheif still is a 1b center. 1A if he pulls his weight defensively again....

Connor ehlers perfetti chibrikov rashevsky Wheeler... yeah lucius.. wing isn't the issue.

I feel if you are trading Scheifele you prob want a young center plus 1st in return. You trade scheif and your center depth quickly becomes Dubois ufa copp almost retired Stastny and Lowry.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To NYR: Mark Scheifele
To Winnipeg: Alexis Lafreniere

A Nieuwendyk for Iginla type trade.

NYR bolster their lineup and are in the mix as a top contender for the next 3-4 years behind Panarin (30), Kreider (30), Zibanejad (28), Scheifele (28), Trouba (27), etc.

Winnipeg kick-off a young re-tool with a big name, high-potential prospect in Lafreniere (20) to grow alongside Dubois (23), Connor (25), Perfetti (20), etc.
I mean, NYR can't do this because of the cap..

And WPG can't do this because it's horrendous

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No thanks.

Honestly Rangers would need to add.. lots. Scheif still is a 1b center. 1A if he pulls his weight defensively again....

Connor ehlers perfetti chibrikov rashevsky Wheeler... yeah lucius.. wing isn't the issue.

I feel if you are trading Scheifele you prob want a young center plus 1st in return. You trade scheif and your center depth quickly becomes Dubois ufa copp almost retired Stastny and Lowry.

That or a young potential high end RD

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
1 time and barely on a disputed goal. What I am saying is Jets have to add if they want former 1st overall who is only 20.

Zibanejab is going to be paid 8.5 mill next year…… and he is 1/2 the player schiefele is.

Schiefele sweet ass contract is 6.1 for the rest of this year plus 2 more.

your math is on the wrong side……. As the plus is on the NYR side.

Laf is unproven trending closer to yakupov territory from the 2012 1 st over all…….. or maybe even a Daigle! ( Ottawa) in a dress!

The add is on NYR side should be a a 2022 1st and Chytil!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Zibanejab is going to be paid 8.5 mill next year…… and he is 1/2 the player schiefele is.

Schiefele sweet ass contract is 6.1 for the rest of this year plus 2 more.

your math is on the wrong side……. As the plus is on the NYR side.

Laf is unproven trending closer to yakupov territory from the 2012 1 st over all…….. or maybe even a Daigle! ( Ottawa) in a dress!

The add is on NYR side should be a a 2022 1st and Chytil!!!!!!!

I stopped reading after Zibanejad comparison.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
The answer to that problem is that Dallas won the Stanley Cup after making that trade….. and that is what NYR are trying to do!
Except they signed Nemeth who sucks and traded Buchnevich for a guy who PK Subban slewfooted trying to injure him and a late 2nd round pick. I would say if they are trying to win the cup they keep Buchnevich as RW has been weakness all year with Kakko,Gauthier,Hunt have failed as top 9 core

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What I am saying is Jets have to add if they want former 1st overall who is only 20.
A 28 year old 1C that has averaged 1.06 ppg over the last 5 seasons and is on a term contract at amazing value is absolutley worth more in a trade than a 3rd line LW even if he is only a couple years removed from being a top pick.

Now, if the Rangers are NOT trying to compete for the cup this season and next and would rather hope Lafreniere develops into a top 6 forward, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad