Proposal: NYR & VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You don't trade a #1C and franchise player, for a grab bag of decent roster filler.

Reactions: Groo

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I don't know if Vancouver has their 2nd cause Benning but...

JT Miller for Kravtsov + 1st

Vancouver gets the 1st+ they need in moving Miller and gets to see what they'd have in Kravtsov with Podkolzin.

Not going to pretend I know how Rangers fans view Miller but statistically his games improved the last few years.
Zero interest in exchange for a PPG forward on a very good deal. Malcontents never seem to reach their potential, and even if he hadn't taken his ball and gone home, this doesn't address any pressing need, so why?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
So NYR get worse today and are almost certainly worse tomorrow? I’m good.

OP’s offer was lousy too though...

Nah, Pettersson would almost certainly explode in NY, and Podkolzin as a rookie is probably just as good as Kakko right now. He has a very bright future ahead.
Rathbone is a promising LH OFD, or Jett Woo who is like a baby version of Schneider anyways.

But the offer definitely is meant to favor Vancouver, as EP40 is an absolute wildcard.
Despite how things are going this season, the return on an Elias Pettersson trade would be massive.

I'm probably underrating Zibanejad quite a bit, and know he just signed with NYR longterm... but he'd have to come back otherwise we're left with a massive crater.

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
This isn’t enough for Pettersson and I wouldn’t want to move what it would probably take to get Pettersson.

Again and the cap just wouldn't work out anyway.

But, EP is one of the few in the league that I would put Miller as the centerpiece of a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad