Proposal: NYR & VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
It looks like Pettersson needs a change of scenery. I think he would play really well with Panarin.

NYR trade:

Lundkvist
Chytil
Kravtsov

VAN trade:

Pettersson

Trouba is playing amazing again and is signed long term. Fox is one of the best players in the NHL and that’s already 2 spots on the RD side. For the 3rd pairing, I think the Rangers need more of a Schneider in that spot instead of a Lundqvist.

Chytil needs to play on the top 2 lines to develop and we already have Zibby and Strome there.

Kravtsov is a wild card that can pay huge dividends. He has top 2 lines potential and has been regarded as a top 30 prospect for years now.

I keep reading that VAN biggest need is RD. Lundqvist is one of the best RD prospects in the game.

Rangers would then trade Strome to a contender.

Zibby and Pettersson would be an amazing 1-2 punch.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Pass from Vancouver. Pettersson won’t be moved for anything short of an overpayment. Which would need to include a 1st + +

but definitely open to offers on Miller!

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I doubt the Canucks are moving Pettersson, but if they did I imagine they're asking for Laf or Kakko as the centerpiece. Even that would only make sense if they decided to tear it down and go full rebuild and they knew Pettersson wasn't willing to stick around for that.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Don’t see van trading him. He’ll get him game back together over there. There are plenty of other people I would be trading first if I were Vancouver.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR fan here. That's a pretty underwhelming offer for EP. Lundqvist isn't the RD they need. They have 2 PP units and he wouldn't fit on either because Hughes and OEL will get those spots. Kravtsov won't be around until after his KHL season/playoffs end, and even then it's questionable. Chytil is the only piece that would important right now and he's nowhere near enough.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Lol Kratsov, Lundquist and a piece is the next meme proposal

I think most Canuck fans would rather go down on the Petterson ship with the hope he'll bounce back then trade him now and watch him bounce back on another team

Maybe in a years time?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Other than maybe Lundqvist, nobody fills a need for the Canucks. As far as I’m concerned, it’s meh.
Eh I dunno, I have a feeling Kravstov and Podkolzin would do VERY well with each being friends and the same age. Both could be very impactful players.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
3 former recent 1st round picks, 2 with high potential isn't a meh offer.
Juolevi, Virtanen and McCann - Ones in the KHL, ones a defenseman and ones a C/W hybrid for Lundqvist, Kratsov and Chytil, ones in the KHL, ones a defenseman and ones a C/W hybrid.....
not a real proposal, but pointing out the fact that they were former 1sts doesn't really carry elite value.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
The cap wouldn't work out so this should be done.

But, I would definitely make Miller available in a deal for EP.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Pettersson
Podkolzin
Rathbone/Woo
2nd

for

Zibanejad
B. Schneider
Kakko
Kravtsov
1st