Proposal: NYR-VAN-BUF: Practically Impossible Trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well it's imbalanced as Buffalo isn't sending out anything

They are sending the future considerations the Isles owe them in the Boychuk trade.

The Rangers and Nucks are going to do a best two out of three Rock/Paper/Scissors game to see who gets the future considerations. That will be broadcast on PPV with Terry Pegula getting 100% of the proceeds.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Lol Myers has actually played better this season for us alongside OEL, probably our closest thing to a shutdown duo. We're in no rush to send him away as a salary dump.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Trouba manufactured his way specifically to NY so his wife could continue to pursue her medical education. He then signed a long term contract with a NMC. So this alone makes this trade an non-starter. I could see Trouba agreeing to go to another major US city at some point, but there was something about certification or licensing for his wife's medical training (sorry not sure what she is studying) that was the driving reason to leave Canada.

Secondly, Trouba is exactly the type of RHD I would like to try with Hughes, but $8 for this and the next 4 seasons, when you're already paying for Hughes, OEL and Myers (I know Myers is in the deal, so his cap would hypothetically be gone) big time $$ it isn't reasonable to add another long term high priced contract.

Finally, losing Boeser, Hamonic and Myers and adding only Trouba wouldn't improve this team. It would improve our top pairing and solve one problem but it would open up depth issues at other positions. I get that these other issues could be addressed other ways, but it causes a trickle down that would definitely have a negative impact on the team.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NO OP

1. NYR do not want to add pricey vet at cost of young depth
would consider youth for youth only

2. Harmonic wanted to go to central/west CAN

3. Trouba may give us a break next season at earliest IF Dolan $1m tax deduction to medical entity of his wife's choice leads to her getting dream gig there at nice salary. If not we have to wait until the following season after which his nmc stops.
But the immediate point remains.
He is one of handful of Rangers w/nmc not going anywhere now.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
who does Buffalo give up? I think you are missing a step there or explanation on jus why Buffalo is involved. Both Rangers and Vancouver giving players to Buffalo just because? and one player Buffalo will not want
Buffalo gives up their dignity...That's what they give up...Their dignity.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I am not sure if Trouba is that much and improvement over Myers and less than 20 game sample does not change the he fact that he has been an average defenceman for the past coupe of season paid like a number 1. Plus Boeser, Jim Benning hangs up the phone that's how bad this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad