Proposal: NYR-TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I meant to say 18th in Rookie Point-Per-Game scoring.

So, as you can see, he's nothing special, just your average player who probably never plays a full NHL season.

Trust me, that 4th round pick is a great return.

If he's nothing special... then why is NYR even interested??

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Alright than,

how about a 5th round pick + Steeves for Rangers 4th round pick?

I've upgraded the 6th round pick to a 5th round pick, that should get it done.

Obviously the Leafs don't do that...

I think you may have missed my point though...

Let's say we can find a theoretical pick that Steeves is "worth". Call it "Pick X".

Why do you think the Rangers prefer Steeves over "Pick X", while the Leafs would prefer "Pick X" over Steeves?

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I meant to say 18th in Rookie Point-Per-Game scoring.

So, as you can see, he's nothing special, just your average player who probably never plays a full NHL season.

Trust me, that 4th round pick is a great return.
I don’t trust you, because you need to twist things to fit your incorrect narrative. I watch him play….

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I don’t trust you, because you need to twist things to fit your incorrect narrative. I watch him play….

I'm a leafs fan so why would I "twist things"?

I've actually watched Steeves play in College and Junior, trust me, he isn't cut out for the NHL.

Maybe he can continue being an excellent AHL player, but, that's about it.

In a few years he's going to have no value, we might as well get some value for him while we still can.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015

I've actually watched Steeves play in College and Junior, trust me, he isn't cut out for the NHL.

In a few years he's going to have no value, we might as well get some value for him while we still can.
Steeves never played in "junior" unless you streamed USHL games 5 years ago.

And nah, you haven't watched him. Haven't seen you post once about any Leaf prospect on our board. Keep up the gutter trash proposals though. Weak troll job.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Steeves never played in "junior" unless you streamed USHL games 5 years ago.

And nah, you haven't watched him. Haven't seen you post once about any Leaf prospect on our board. Keep up the gutter trash proposals though. Weak troll job.

I watched him in person during his stint with Dubuqe and I'm an avid connoisseur of college hockey.

He just doesn't have that "it" factor or the "jeu ne se quoi" to his game.

I know you're a leafs fan and you believe all our prospects will be NHL All Stars, but, trust me on this one. This guy ain't it.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I watched him in person during his stint with Dubuqe and I'm an avid connoisseur of college hockey.

He just doesn't have that "it" factor or the "jeu ne se quoi" to his game.

I know you're a leafs fan and you believe all our prospects will be NHL All Stars, but, trust me on this one. This guy ain't it.
Right, 5 years ago, as I said.

The Leafs should hire you so you can tell them who “ain’t it”. Deep analysis there.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Well than, I'm glad we came to an agreement.

So you would accept the deal as a Rangers representative?
Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

I don’t know why you twisted things…but you did. You said 18th in scoring, when I proved you wrong, you quickly changed it to PPG….

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

Asking again... if he has no-to-minimal value, why are the Rangers interested?

More specifically, why do you think the Rangers value him higher than the Leafs??

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I don’t know why you twisted things…but you did. You said 18th in scoring, when I proved you wrong, you quickly changed it to PPG….

Look up the stats, he's 18th for Rookies in Points Per Game scoring.

I made a typo.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Asking again... if he has no-to-minimal value, why are the Rangers interested?

More specifically, why do you think the Rangers value him higher than the Leafs??

I'm not sure how the leafs/rangers evaluate him, I'm just giving you all my personal assessment of said player.

I do have experience as a pro scout, so there is that ...

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I'm not sure how the leafs/rangers evaluate him, I'm just giving you all my personal assessment of said player.

I do have experience as a pro scout, so there is that ...

You made a proposal... that presumably you beleive makes sense for both sides.

I'm trying to understand why you think the Leafs prefer a pick to Steeves, while the Rangers prefer Steeves to that same pick?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Sleeves will play for the leafs next season. I've watched steeves play this season and he looks solid. He's not destroying the league but is putting up very good numbers. No point for either team to do this. Leafs need him for next season and beyond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad