Proposal: NYR-TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I think Steeves stole that dude's girlfriend.....he really wants him gone.

I don't think his game will ever translate to the NHL.

There's lots of 22 year old PPG AHL players, we could sign some for free and trade them for value.

The way I see it, it's a robbery of a trade for us.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

There's lots of 22 year old PPG AHL players, we could sign some for free and trade them for value.

Ok, i watch pretty much every Marlies game....so tell me what i'm missing, what about his game do you not see translating to the NHL?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Shouldn't your goal be to make a proposal that is fair for both sides? You know, if you want the other side to agree to it and all.

If it's that easy to sign 22 year old PPG AHL players for free, then the Rangers will just do that instead of giving the leafs a 2nd round pick.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I've updated the trade offer.

How about Steeves + 6th round pick 22' for Rangers' 4th round pick.

Wait, so now the Leaf's are only getting a 4th rounder for a PPG AHL player AND they get to throw in an extra 6th rounder? You must really think this guy is going to flame out and never make the NHL.

It only makes marginal sense if everyone shared your view of Steeves progression. A Rangers 4th for the possibility he becomes depth in the NHL, and they get a 6th rounder back. From Toronto's side though there's just no point to trade this guy to begin with as he's producing well in the AHL and is still a cheap asset that can potentially crack the roster as a depth piece. If there were off ice issues or something of note maybe I could see Toronto being interested in moving him, but I've never heard a peep about Steeves before today so it's probably not the case.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Alex Steeves is 18th in AHL-Rookie-Point-Per-Game-Scoring this year, there are many 18-20 year olds (who are younger than him) out producing him by a fair margin.

Last edited:

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't your goal be to make a proposal that is fair for both sides? You know, if you want the other side to agree to it and all.

If it's that easy to sign 22 year old PPG AHL players for free, then the Rangers will just do that instead of giving the leafs a 2nd round pick.

I've updated the trade, Leafs will be giving up Steeves along with a 6th round pick, in exchange for the Rangers' 4th round pick.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I mean, you gotta give up value to get value in return.
We're short on draft picks, we need to recuperate by giving up our expandable assets.

I don't think Steeves will ever become an NHLer so this is a done deal for me.
Why the hell would the Leafs develop Steeves only to throw him away a year later for a mystery box pick?

How many 2nd rounders go PPG in the AHL in their 21 year old season? Not to mention he’s already been given NHL games so your prediction is based on nothing.

You don’t trade ready-made ELC contributors to recoup mid round picks for the sake of it :laugh: what is this logic.

Reactions: Just a Fan

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I mean we don't know that he can't be an NHL player but even still that's ridiculous

I really don’t know the player that well to comment. I was just working off the threadstarters remark that he didn’t really have an NHL future. If he thinks the player is junk why does he think he can get something of value for him?

Reactions: 2legit2quit

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The concept of "Steeves for a draft pick" makes absolutely no sense.

Prospects get used as currency, but they get used as currency for NHL players. They rarely get used as currency for each other, and never get used as currency for picks.

The ONLY reason for the Leafs to trade Steeves is to get an NHL player / upgrade. If, after a year or two, maybe he flatlines, then you look at moving him in a "change of scenery deal", but he's excelled in his first pro season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad