Proposal: NYR-TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
**EDIT**
A lot of Rangers fans are saying the value isn't enough for the 2nd round pick.

TO NYR: Alex Steeves + Leafs 6th round pick 22'
TO TML: Rangers 4th round pick 22'

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
TO NYR: Alex Steeves + Leafs 4th round pick 22'

TO TML: Rangers 2nd round pick 22'

Who says no?
On this board you will get lots of Steeves is better than that, he would be a first rounder in a redraft, etc. etc. But the value is probably close. Maybe remove the 4th so there’s more risk on the Rags - but this seems about right for a guy that went point per game in his last college year and is having similar production in the AHL in his first pro season

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

Who says no?
Leafs will continue to need ELC players with our cap situation, Steeves is almost PPG in the AHL. I wouldn’t deal him just for a 2nd….I would include him as a piece in a deal for a player we need now…

Reactions: Marner4Life

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Toronto needs productive players on ELCs as much as any team in the league. If he is any good they should not be trading him for picks.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the player, but could you explain the reasoning behind the trade? Why does Toronto give up a young guy producing near PPG in the AHL this season for a draft pick?

His game doesn't really translate to the NHL...

So, we want to recuperate picks for him while we still can.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No need for NYR, they have Morgan Barron if they want to use a young recent-NCAA C

Reactions: 2legit2quit

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
So why would anyone give you a second rounder for a guy you don't even think will be a player?

Kinda seems like he wants NYR to assume the risk that maybe he becomes an NHL player based on his evaluations, but how many teams are giving up 2nd round draft picks or more for players who aren't even in the NHL full time yet? Most teams seem to be using them as TDL chips to bolster the roster with a proven player. It just doesn't make much sense.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Kinda seems like he wants NYR to assume the risk that maybe he becomes an NHL player based on his evaluations, but how many teams are giving up 2nd round draft picks or more for players who aren't even in the NHL full time yet? Most teams seem to be using them as TDL chips to bolster the roster with a proven player. It just doesn't make much sense.
Has Jim Benning been hired by anyone?

Reactions: heretik27

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
We gave up two 2nds for Fox. Seemed to work out ok. I think we will save the pick for another one of those kind of deals.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
We gave up two 2nds for Fox. Seemed to work out ok. I think we will save the pick for another one of those kind of deals.

The Fox deal is a one of a kind thing. How many go the College route and then refuse to sign with the team that drafted them? Let alone get traded a second time before they've signed an ELC. I get the idea behind the statement, but Norris trophy winning ELC dmen don't just fall off trees for second round picks. Fox wanted to play in New York and made it happen.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017

I've updated the trade offer.

How about Steeves + 6th round pick 22' for Rangers' 4th round pick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Who says no?

**EDIT**
A lot of Rangers fans are saying the value isn't enough for the 2nd round pick.

TO NYR: Steeves + Leafs 6th round pick 22'
TO TML: Rangers 4th round pick 22'
Makes zero sense for the Leafs to do this.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Makes zero sense for the Leafs to do this.

I mean, you gotta give up value to get value in return.
We're short on draft picks, we need to recuperate by giving up our expandable assets.

I don't think Steeves will ever become an NHLer so this is a done deal for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad