Confirmed with Link: [NYR/TBL] Callahan + 2015 1st + Cond.2014 2nd to TBL for Martin St. Louis + Cond pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This may be the dumbest move in a long list of dumb moves by this organization.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
what did you really expect? callahan is a much inferior player and is out of contract in the summer. u have to bridge the gap somehow if ur intent on acquiring st louis.

I was hoping for a Sather trade fleecing.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
2015 first.

I don't think any draft is more important, they all are, and people who know me know I am not a fan of rating draft classes even a few years afterwards, but this one is looking fantastic, plenty of potential all stars throughout the first round who have made their mark against players in this year/last years draft. Proof is in the pudding with 2015 and we just sold our greatest shot at one of those guys.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
As this starts to sink in, I think I like this. No ugly contract, get the defending Art Ross champ, who can lift Richards game (hey, he could). We lose one really good pick 1st in '15. I can deal.

Parker

Mar 25, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Good deal. No overpayment for Callahan, and losing mid-late round 1st and 2nd are worth it for the offensive upgrade MSL will give us.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
the fact that the 1st is in 2015 makes this deal more palatable.

I like MSL and think that this means that Nash will be shifting to LW

We are going to get the same level of hustle and leadership out of MSL that we would have received from Callahan

I'm not completely upset with this trade.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1st in 2015 hurts. That said, at least we're not paying Callahan 6X6. We'd likely draft pretty late in 2015. I think that this team with a year in AV's system would be at least in the late teens picking. So it probably wouldn't be a premium pick. We might be trading friggin Sanguenetti or McIlrath. Hell even JT Miller and MDZ aren't some superstars or anything. Still, tough to take, was hoping for less of a hit to our future. Thankfully Cally is not going to get 6X6 though.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I like it. Surprised I'm in the minority.

me as well. i think its a bit of an overpayment, but st louis had significantly more value than callahan and we even make out on the contract situation of the deal. id have wished we didnt give up 2 picks though.

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
I love the idea of having St Louis. Definitely helps this team. So happy to know that Callahan wont be a Ranger at his insane demands. But I have a new fear of us not buying out Richards. Hopefully St Louis gets amazing chemistry with Stepan.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm not thrilled with the 2015 first. I'd rather the 2nd in 2015 and the 1st this year. Obviously Tampa didn't want that though.

Well, I guess we're going all in this year and next. Let's hope it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad