Proposal: NYR - SJ again

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I mean Ruhwedel is better than what the sharks rolled out last year yet Okhotiuk was scratched a ton.

This just feels like you didn’t actually watch Okhotiuk and sure as hell didn’t watch Addison who was a complete and utter liability night in and night out.
And Addison played 16 minutes a night (with a much more games than Zac Jones) on a playoff team in MIN in 22-23 before being traded.

You are looking at their time IN SJS (where Zac Jones would almost certainly look pretty shit as well). You can't value players retroactively like that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And Addison played 16 minutes a night (with a much more games than Zac Jones) on a playoff team in MIN in 22-23 before being traded.

You are looking at their time IN SJS (where Zac Jones would almost certainly look pretty shit as well). You can't value players retroactively like that.
But you can. Despite playing 16 minutes a night in MIN they were constantly looking for an improvement due to Addison’s defensive issues. Think this is one of those where you continue to move the goal posts. So like feel free to think what you want about Jones. You’re just wrong.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
What are those character flaws?

And you sound naive about Jones NHL career so far.

Impressive amount of wrong in one post.
I’m sorry but your assessment on any player west of the Mississippi is laughable at best too. Take extra care with your stones in your glass house.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
But you can. Despite playing 16 minutes a night in MIN they were constantly looking for an improvement due to Addison’s defensive issues. Think this is one of those where you continue to move the goal posts. So like feel free to think what you want about Jones. You’re just wrong.
And despite playing 16 minutes a night in NYR they are literally looking for an upgrade on Zac Jones in this thread.

Calen Addison in Minnesota had an xGoals share of 51%
Zac Jones in NYR has an xGoals share of 47%

Neither of them are/were meaningful assets

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And despite playing 16 minutes a night in NYR they are literally looking for an upgrade on Zac Jones in this thread.

Calen Addison in Minnesota had an xGoals share of 51%
Zac Jones in NYR has an xGoals share of 47%

Neither of them are/were meaningful assets
Considering the OP literally said Lindgren, this is laughable bud. Like at this point you don’t even remember what you’re arguing about.

Reactions: noncents

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I mean if Laf is a big embarrassing bust what is Eklund? Btw the answer is not a big embarrassing bust.

Eklund wasn't picked 1st overall and he's at least has a high chance of still being in the NHL in 4 years.

Lafreniere will be out of the NHL and in Europe by then.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
thanks for levelheaded responses Geck. is the shark board always so trolly? or do rangers fans on the main board really get riled up so easily?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
to me this take underrates both walman as well as bystedt as a real C prospect, which the rangers don't really have.
Current NYR have Zib, Troch and Chytil at C, near-term few years are solid

NYR C pipeline has McConnell-Barker, and especially Noah Laba who has outperformed expectations both NCAA seasons, and also few long shots

no disrespect in any way to Walman's capabilities
but makes >$3+, and he can walk away in 18 months
not worth such a price to this team

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
thanks for levelheaded responses Geck. is the shark board always so trolly? or do rangers fans on the main board really get riled up so easily?
Yeah no problem at all! I think the big thing is that like as a Sharks fan we are used to all of our players just getting super undervalued on the main boards. This goes back to the Jumbo Joe and Patty Marleau days. A lot of these guys in here have very intelligent arguments on the Sharks board. Think there’s something about the main boards that makes everyone’s IQ drop a bit. Also think it’s so easy to get caught up in the mudslinging.

It’s also so hard to judge actual trades. For example I wouldn’t have given up Edstrom and a first for Askarov but ya know Grier did. In the same way that I probably wouldn’t give up Bystedt for Othmann but I’m sure rangers fans would say the opposite. We all get caught up in overvaluing what we have. You can ask my fantasy sports buddies. They hate getting offers from me cause they aren’t really close ever.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Current NYR have Zib, Troch and Chytil at C, near-term few years are solid

NYR C pipeline has McConnell-Barker, and especially Noah Laba who has outperformed expectations both NCAA seasons, and also few long shots

no disrespect in any way to Walman's capabilities
but makes >$3+, and he can walk away in 18 months
not worth such a price to this team
So then what price do you feel would be worth it to trade for someone like Walman? The Sharks would move Walman if the return made sense for their future. He's pretty clearly our best defenseman and useful to help develop our young forwards but he's not going to cost a premium.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Jones is one of the most shackled talents in the league. He’s been good for a while and will thrive when he finally leaves.
How so?
A bottom paring LD isn't really a need for SJ. Especially not for a player that's playing on our top line. The Sharks are well stocked on LD prospects as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad