Value of: NYR - OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They aren’t dealing their top 5 pick even if you think the value is right/fair.
It’s the same reason NYR wouldnt deal kakko/LaF before they’ve suited up for the rangers.
Sandersons stock has only risen since draft day
He’s got the capability of being a cornerstone long term foundational piece for them.
It makes no sense to down grade that piece from Sanderson to miller just to get Krav and a significant + whatever that means??? A 1st?? Kakko??LaF??? Cause that plus better make the trade overkill for them to consider it.
Miller should be a fine d-man in his own right, but Ott likely thinks like most everyone else Sanderson is more likely to hit his ceiling then miller is to hit his.
Not too mention, Sanderson is on an ELC linger at this point
Not a fib to point out that teams don’t deal their top 5 picks within 2-3 years of them being drafted, and not playing a game for them yet. That’s logic

the "fib" rejoinder was as to your alleging same, but thread is nyr-ott so since no restriction by OP, anything applicable to that is kosher.

As to the rest of it, setting aside when they peak, I concede Sanderson on paper has a higher ceiling than Miller. Never said otherwise.
Point is if enuf was on the table, it would be something they could consider.

I thought adding a 9OA in Krav to KAM + would start a discussion, but apparently OTT views him closer to like Draisatil, and I won't go there yet.

So no deal and that's fine
NY will find other work arounds which do not involve dealing youth for vets\

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Lias and Kravtsov are 2 different animals. Kravy is a way better player, with a way higher offensive ceiling. He’s also NHL ready for top 9 duty now. Rangers just have guys in front of him in at the moment.
It’s not that we want to trade Kravy, he’s asking out. I know when that happens you don’t get near the full value, but Drury isn’t going to just give him away either.
If it’s just Draft pick/s coming back in return,I’d look to move him to a team in the west so If he hits his ceiling we don’t have to see him as much.
I’m sure he’ll have a bit of interest, based on his size/hands alone. He’s got a tantalizing physical package. If he hits his ceiling, someone is getting a good top 6 winger at a discounted price.
Wherever he goes, the team needs to give him nhl minutes.
I know Detroit had him rated very highly in his draft year as well. I’d bet they make an offer, as well as a few other teams

I would rather take a 2nd round pick if that's the best offer than a player in the similar position as Kravtsov. A player who hasn't made it and looking for a change of scenery. The Rangers don't need another AAAA player. A player who isn't good enough for the NHL and requires waivers. Clean slate. The Rangers can use the pick to select a player or use the pick in a trade to move up in the first round.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would rather take a 2nd round pick if that's the best offer than a player in the similar position as Kravtsov. A player who hasn't made it and looking for a change of scenery. The Rangers don't need another AAAA player. A player who isn't good enough for the NHL and requires waivers. Clean slate. The Rangers can use the pick to select a player or use the pick in a trade to move up in the first round.

Going w/pick(s) as return helps w/cap crunch
But more than a 2nd is required for 9OA

We can't afford Strome long term, he needs to be moved pronto.
If dealt in 2ish wks, his spot goes to Krav, who can be showcased first, upping his value.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Going w/pick(s) as return helps w/cap crunch
But more than a 2nd is required for 9OA

We can't afford Strome long term, he needs to be moved pronto.
If dealt in 2ish wks, his spot goes to Krav, who can be showcased first, upping his value.
He’s an asset we can’t use. He’s good. But just like with eichel, that negatively impacts value. Although drury isn’t under any financial constraints, he still wouldn’t rather have him sit for a year and further damage his value.
Krav doesn’t possess the same Value of being drafted 9OA last season for example:
There was damage done by leaving for Russia the first time, and now this.
If we get more then a 2nd + a meh prospect, or a 1-1 trade with another player also looking for a change of scenery.
If we get someone like Poulin like some pens fans suggested that would be ideal. He’s still 1-2 years away development wise but he has talent and can play all 3 fwd positions.
Krav can step in now and play, he also probably has the better offensive ceiling, but at this point, getting someone like Poulin is probably the best we could ask for. Unless drury wants to go the draft pick route

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He’s an asset we can’t use. He’s good. But just like with eichel, that negatively impacts value. Although drury isn’t under any financial constraints, he still wouldn’t rather have him sit for a year and further damage his value.
Krav doesn’t possess the same Value of being drafted 9OA last season for example:
There was damage done by leaving for Russia the first time, and now this.
If we get more then a 2nd + a meh prospect, or a 1-1 trade with another player also looking for a change of scenery.
If we get someone like Poulin like some pens fans suggested that would be ideal. He’s still 1-2 years away development wise but he has talent and can play all 3 fwd positions.
Krav can step in now and play, he also probably has the better offensive ceiling, but at this point, getting someone like Poulin is probably the best we could ask for. Unless drury wants to go the draft pick route

thanks for constructive feedback

edit add: he would not be sitting for a year
he'd be showcased asap once a roster spot is opened up

my play would be create a roster spot which we are doing anyway, then up his value before dealing
best offer, but have to weigh a salaried asset past this yr vs having cap for emerging youth

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ottawa probably isn't interested in Kravtsov he triggers too many red flags for them, not that I agree with it I would love this trade as a sens fan.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I think if there is enuf on the table they consider it
Howev, not sure we agree on what enuf is.

When Krav does wind up looking awesome by year's end, that was the time to suggest this, not now.

nope. there is exactly a zero % chance even consider it.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Does Ottawa have a center the Rangers would want?

The Rangers have gone from needing a Center to having enough RW to possibly needing a center and a RW now.

From Buch, Krav and Kappo to potentially just Kappo (and a few other) is pathetic imo.

If the Rangers want a Center or (comically a RW . . . I’ll focus on Center) they need to overpay imo.

Krav, Zach Jones and Strome for ? I don’t care about overpaying b/c the sum of selling these parts of individually will land a lesser return imo.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Does Ottawa have a center the Rangers would want?

The Rangers have gone from needing a Center to having enough RW to possibly needing a center and a RW now.

From Buch, Krav and Kappo to potentially just Kappo (and a few other) is pathetic imo.

If the Rangers want a Center or (comically a RW . . . I’ll focus on Center) they need to overpay imo.

Krav, Zach Jones and Strome for ? I don’t care about overpaying b/c the sum of selling these parts of individually will land a lesser return imo.

Let's not get impetuous, that's how one quickly winds up in trouble.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Let's not get impetuous, that's how one quickly winds up in trouble.

obviously Ottawa doesn’t have anybody our we would have read something

None of those players have a future with the Rangers and they’re worth more together than separate

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
obviously Ottawa doesn’t have anybody our we would have read something

None of those players have a future with the Rangers and they’re worth more together than separate

Jones may in the short term
And moving Strome should immediately be applied to upping Kravtsov value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad