Value of: NYR - OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think if there is enuf on the table they consider it
Howev, not sure we agree on what enuf is.

When Krav does wind up looking awesome by year's end, that was the time to suggest this, not now.

Only thing worth trading a blue chip, potential top pair Defenseman for is a superstar center.

Its not gunna happen

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
What has happen with Brannstrom, i remember the Ottawa praising the shit out of him when he got him?

Is he still one the best D prospect or has he stalled?

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
It is bad enough that you throw mud at me.
Doing it to Old Glory prompts this comeuppance.

I think the toast of Broadway has an opinion with just a tad more weight in this area then you ....

don't we agree, peeps?

til tom.

The attached PDF may be the cutest thing I've ever seen on this site.

Reactions: bernmeister

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
wtf are you even a sens fan? do you not remember how bad our puck movement was without Erik last year?

This is apparent at all times. Yet I know irl Sens fans that worshiped Karlsson and still think Mete is better as a starter due to the occasional gaff by Brannstrom...

Kid adds a severe amount of dynamic puck movement and attack to team (hes straight up solo-bombing the net so far this season). It would be a joke to trade him at this point.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
What has happen with Brannstrom, i remember the Ottawa praising the shit out of him when he got him?

Is he still one the best D prospect or has he stalled?

Part A:

Sens fans were praising him at a time in his development where his play deserved praising. Typical small offensive minded defensemen getting into the coach’s doghouse syndrome, though his play hasn’t helped either.

Part B:

If he were still one of the best prospects playing defence there would not be a proposal for him to be traded for Kravtsov.

Imagine the following:
Evan Bouchard, Jake Sanderson, Moritz Seider, Jamie Drysdale, one for one for Kravtsov. Not happening.

I still think there’s a player there, unfortunately I don’t think it’s with the Senators. He’s getting time with Holden though, so there’s still hope.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I like Kravtsov and would like to try to get him to Ottawa but not trading Brannstrom for him. Or Greig.
@Savant mentioned this earlier.

What about Kravtsov for Greig?

Seems like a fair trade.
I think a lot of Sens fans are (rightfully) very high on Greig. I had him top 20 in his draft year and imo he has improved his stock a decent amount since then. He was our best player in many of the AHL games he played last year. There are a number of Sens fans who think he will be better than Pinto or Norris.

Reactions: Xspyrit

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Kravtsov to Ottawa actually makes some level of sense if the price is closer to "reclamation" level. I wouldn't move any of Brannstrom/Greig/Sokolov/ect. I'd move a B prospect or a 2nd/3rd, maybe some combination of both.

As talented as Brannstrom is, I don't think he's a particularly great fit for the Rangers either.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Need to profit by adding talent principally young talent
Sanderson is the best piece, but they are getting well over a dollar return for a dollar paid.

Sorry bern, the Senators' "bluest of bluechips" are not available. We have plenty of quantity when it comes to youth on our roster and throughout our system, there's no reason to dilute the top talent.

As for the OP, I don't see value in it. If we can use Brannstrom in a package for a bigtime difference maker then fine, otherwise we need his puck movement on the back end. Also don't think the Rangers are the best fit for Brannstrom with Fox filling his best role at a significantly higher level and Lundkvist and Miller primed to break out as well.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Value wise it’s not bad but the Rangers cannot take on another DMan. Maybe a guy like Grieg makes more sense going by your prospect value vote

What do you mean "prospect value vote"? Greig is a stud, no chance he'd get traded for Kravstov

I have started voting him at #3 in the pool, pushed for him but he was still a bit unknown for many as he's still pretty young. People are gradually buying in him, the Sens organization already know what they have in their hands. Just an example :

@Savant mentioned this earlier.

What about Kravtsov for Greig?

Seems like a fair trade.

No. See above

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What do you mean "prospect value vote"? Greig is a stud, no chance he'd get traded for Kravstov

I have started voting him at #3 in the pool, pushed for him but he was still a bit unknown for many as he's still pretty young. People are gradually buying in him, the Sens organization already know what they have in their hands. Just an example :

No. See above

I’m aware Greig is good. That’s why I asked about him. Ranked lower than Brannstrom according to your board vote so went by that. Nothing else to see here.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
pretty easy no for me on that one...

the most that I'd be willing to give, look at the Lias Anderson trade and that would be it
Lias and Kravtsov are 2 different animals. Kravy is a way better player, with a way higher offensive ceiling. He’s also NHL ready for top 9 duty now. Rangers just have guys in front of him in at the moment.
It’s not that we want to trade Kravy, he’s asking out. I know when that happens you don’t get near the full value, but Drury isn’t going to just give him away either.
If it’s just Draft pick/s coming back in return,I’d look to move him to a team in the west so If he hits his ceiling we don’t have to see him as much.
I’m sure he’ll have a bit of interest, based on his size/hands alone. He’s got a tantalizing physical package. If he hits his ceiling, someone is getting a good top 6 winger at a discounted price.
Wherever he goes, the team needs to give him nhl minutes.
I know Detroit had him rated very highly in his draft year as well. I’d bet they make an offer, as well as a few other teams

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yea please, don’t let him derail the thread. NYR fans know OTT isn’t trading Sanderson at this stage in their rebuild

not a derail, so let's not fib

in theory, KAM + Krav + a signif + should be enough incentive for OTT to think about it, tho I agree it is difficult to immediately see what that + would be.
edit add: ALSO w/everyone desperate for higher end young Cs, the fact that on paper Krav looks like he can handle C, which he has played in high end international competition, and should be given every legit chance to handle, is a factor not to be dismissed,

Does not mean a discussion is inappropriate.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
not a derail, so let's not fib

in theory, KAM + Krav + a signif + should be enough incentive for OTT to think about it, tho I agree it is difficult to immediately see what that + would be.
edit add: ALSO w/everyone desperate for higher end young Cs, the fact that on paper Krav looks like he can handle C, which he has played in high end international competition, and should be given every legit chance to handle, is a factor not to be dismissed,

Does not mean a discussion is inappropriate.
They aren’t dealing their top 5 pick even if you think the value is right/fair.
It’s the same reason NYR wouldnt deal kakko/LaF before they’ve suited up for the rangers.
Sandersons stock has only risen since draft day
He’s got the capability of being a cornerstone long term foundational piece for them.
It makes no sense to down grade that piece from Sanderson to miller just to get Krav and a significant + whatever that means??? A 1st?? Kakko??LaF??? Cause that plus better make the trade overkill for them to consider it.
Miller should be a fine d-man in his own right, but Ott likely thinks like most everyone else Sanderson is more likely to hit his ceiling then miller is to hit his.
Not too mention, Sanderson is on an ELC linger at this point
Not a fib to point out that teams don’t deal their top 5 picks within 2-3 years of them being drafted, and not playing a game for them yet. That’s logic

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

No. See above

A lot of guys pull that move off. Doesn’t mean he’s going to be an offensive Dynamo.

I like Greig. He’s a solid prospect who I think could develop into a very good 3c who adds some offense and matches up well against some other teams big guns in shut down role

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad