Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Josh Jooris to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Wellll some Rangers fans on our board were comparing Clendening to the Stralman signing a few weeks back...

You never know, but that's some long odds to be playing.

Stralman showed a lot more NHL level skills well before he broke out in the NHL.

I remember seeing him in our organization for that brief period and we almost all saw the NHL future in him, even if it wasn't to the extent he's become.

Clendening, I don't know if I see much more than Marc-Andre Bergeron style career.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Blueshirts also signed free-agent center Josh Jooris out of Calgary to a two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level. Jooris, 16-21-37 in 119 career games (4-9-13 in 59 last year), likely will compete for a fourth-line job. Oscar Lindberg, who likely pencils in as the club’s fourth-line center, will miss approximately the first month of the season rehabbing from post-season hip surgery.

According to Brooks, it looks like a 1 year, two-way deal with a $600k AAV.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/15/rangers-dilemma-with-dylan-mcilrath-use-him-or-lose-him/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Best of luck Churros, you will be missed.

This is also a great signing for the Jooris family in general, they seem very close knit so being able to see him play more in person will be very nice for them. I was hoping the Leafs would sign him for this very reason.

Rangers fans, when the poster shaner89 ventures to your board and he will with this signing, treat him well he's a great kid even though he is a Leafs fan :sarcasm:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
He was awful last year, so many bad penalties.
He was not awful and he had less than 40 PIMs, so even if he did the occasional bad penalty it certainly wasn't "so many". He wasn't as good as his rookie year and he had some struggles but he still played fairly well.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
He was not awful and he had less than 40 PIMs, so even if he did the occasional bad penalty it certainly wasn't "so many". He wasn't as good as his rookie year and he had some struggles but he still played fairly well.

He was garbage.

At least 30 of those penalty minutes were useless hooking calls in the offensive/Neutral zone, he had a good rookie season, but fell back to his norm last year, so glad Treliving agrees.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
He was garbage.

At least 30 of those penalty minutes were useless hooking calls in the offensive/Neutral zone, he had a good rookie season, but fell back to his norm last year, so glad Treliving agrees.
You really need to stop making things up. Jooris literally never took a single hooking call all year.

Summary of Jooris' PIMs.....

Total PIMs: 39
Goalie Interference: 4
Slashing: 2
Roughing: 6
Tripping: 8
Faceoff Violation: 2
High Sticking: 8
Boarding: 2
Fighting: 5
Holding the Stick: 2

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Wellll some Rangers fans on our board were comparing Clendening to the Stralman signing a few weeks back...

Only in the sense that he's a player getting bounced around the league and is still fairly young. I'm the one that mentioned Stralman in this sentence: "This was the only potential Anton Stralman on the market..."

That was about how he was the only young D available in UFA who has gotten chances, but hasn't yet put it together at the NHL level. Hell, I even explained that to YOU specifically in that thread and you didn't acknowledge it, so everyone else here, ignore what this guy just said. No one compared Stralman to Clendening beyond circumstances.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Average. I feel like he became complacent last year, could bounce back with the Rangers, but I have my doubts.

Average? He's a very fast skater and plays with a ton of energy. Great guy to have on your energy line. Unfortunately, people's expectations became too high after a rookie year where he was able to spend some time with Gaudreau and put up points.

Wish the Devils would have signed him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
His skating is above average, it is one of his biggest assets.

Good. That was the biggest thing missing in our bottom-6 last year. Mostly, it was the fact of Dominic Moore losing a step of a footspeed that killed our 4th line (beyond the coach's insistence, which I find understandable, to play Glass). Our PK, in particular, really missed Moore and Hagelin being able to pressure the points hard. With Jooris, Grabner and Gerbe, we should have fixed that.

Don't like seeing his FO% so low.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Average? He's a very fast skater and plays with a ton of energy. Great guy to have on your energy line. Unfortunately, people's expectations became too high after a rookie year where he was able to spend some time with Gaudreau and put up points.

Wish the Devils would have signed him.

Jooris showed the energy of a sack of a bricks last year. Hathaway showed more then Jooris last year within two minutes of his first NHL game.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Good. That was the biggest thing missing in our bottom-6 last year. Mostly, it was the fact of Dominic Moore losing a step of a footspeed that killed our 4th line (beyond the coach's insistence, which I find understandable, to play Glass). Our PK, in particular, really missed Moore and Hagelin being able to pressure the points hard. With Jooris, Grabner and Gerbe, we should have fixed that.

Don't like seeing his FO% so low.

Jooris is not anywhere near as fast as those two.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Jooris was a great guy to have in Calgary so best of luck to him.

He has lots of hustle and decent wheels. I don't think he is anything more than a 4th line player, but he won't hurt you if you need to stick him on the 3rd line either.

People keep saying this and it makes me happy to hear. Our "wheels" were pretty lackluster last year.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Jooris showed the energy of a sack of a bricks last year. Hathaway showed more then Jooris last year within two minutes of his first NHL game.

What? The one thing you can be sure Jooris brings in energy, he's a very hard worker who isn't a skilled player but goes all out every shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad