Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Alexis Lafreniere signs extension with the Rangers (7 years, $7.45M AAV)

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
C'mon now...it's a solid deal for the Rangers and Laf, but slow your roll with any "best deal in the whole league" talk.

A year ago, most Ranger fans were ready to run this guy out of town. He was coming off 3 disappointing seasons to start his career and a 0 point performance in 7 playoff games. Not to mention a slow start to last season, during which he had 1 point in 4 games that culminated in a season low 12:45 of ice time.

To his credit, he seems to have completely elevated his game since then (thus the massive contract extension), but he was not getting $9M+ at this point in time.
Not me. I was probably the loudest person on this site laughing at people who were questioning his talent and additionally reminding people what they said about him summer 2023.

Name me better deals in hockey right now. Remember, laff doesnt even get pp1 time. One of the best 5v5 players on earth.

Name me better ones that have 7+ years in term

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
There hasn’t been one single season that Lafreniere has been better than Raymond :laugh:

Not one.
this is true if your criteria for 'better' is like "is swedish with the name Lucas" and tbh the way he's improving Laf could have him there in a few years.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
this is true if your criteria for 'better' is like "is swedish with the name Lucas" and tbh the way he's improving Laf could have him there in a few years.
Ah yes, I forgot Raymond has completely stalled and stoppped improving

*Ignores he just improved his totals by 14g/27pts*

*also ignores his point totals didn’t require playing with a 120pt player*

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If they took Zibenejad off the PP1 and put Lafreniere on there, you would see a huge up tick in production. Probably 80-90 points. He already does great at even strength.

I think Rangers should move on from Mika.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ah yes, I forgot Raymond has completely stalled and stoppped improving

*Ignores he just improved his totals by 14g/27pts*

*also ignores his point totals didn’t require playing with a 120pt player*

Panarin miraculously is having the two best seasons of his career with Lafreniere. Complete coincidence.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If they took Zibenejad off the PP1 and put Lafreniere on there, you would see a huge up tick in production. Probably 80-90 points. He already does great at even strength.

I think Rangers should move on from Mika.

His contract is completely unmovable.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Panarin miraculously is having the two best seasons of his career with Lafreniere. Complete coincidence.
Is the guy who scored 57pts or the guy who scored 120 pts the bigger influence on the line?

There’s only one correct answer to this BTW (it’s the guy was was already pacing for over 100 before Laf)

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is the guy who scored 57pts or the guy who scored 120 pts the bigger influence on the line?

There’s only one correct answer to this BTW.

They're both an influence on each other. There is no doubt finally having a skilled player that thinks the game well is a huge reason Panarin isn't a guy flirting with 100 points like he was the last couple of seasons prior to playing with Lafreniere. The season before he had 92 points in 82 games. No one is saying Lafreniere is a better player than Panarin, just that his game made Panarin better as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad