Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Alexis Lafreniere signs extension with the Rangers (7 years, $7.45M AAV)

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
C'mon now...it's a solid deal for the Rangers and Laf, but slow your roll with any "best deal in the whole league" talk.

A year ago, most Ranger fans were ready to run this guy out of town. He was coming off 3 disappointing seasons to start his career and a 0 point performance in 7 playoff games. Not to mention a slow start to last season, during which he had 1 point in 4 games that culminated in a season low 12:45 of ice time.

To his credit, he seems to have completely elevated his game since then (thus the massive contract extension), but he was not getting $9M+ at this point in time.
Not me. I was probably the loudest person on this site laughing at people who were questioning his talent and additionally reminding people what they said about him summer 2023.

Name me better deals in hockey right now. Remember, laff doesnt even get pp1 time. One of the best 5v5 players on earth.

Name me better ones that have 7+ years in term

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
There hasn’t been one single season that Lafreniere has been better than Raymond :laugh:

Not one.
this is true if your criteria for 'better' is like "is swedish with the name Lucas" and tbh the way he's improving Laf could have him there in a few years.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not bad given how he has continually improved and could still end up as a consistent 40+ goal 80+ points player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad