Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
wonderful how fools rip yzerman whom just hit home runs with seider-raymond-danielsson-asp-cossa-kasper-edvinsson-etc after taking over weakest depth chart in nhl . ya hes a **** idiot lol
Everyone you just listed outside of Seider/Ray is a complete unknown.
How you can say he “hit home runs” on guys who have either not established themselves or even played NHL games yet is beyond me

It wasn’t long ago we thought we have a stacked D prospect pool with Sproul, Ouellette, Kindl and Smith…

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Trouba is not good.
200.webp

Reactions: norrisnick

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Just surrounding Seider with straight garbage ever since his debut. Feel bad for him
Uhhh. If you don’t think Trouba is better than Petry/Holl I doubt your hockey knowledge. Detroit badly needs someone on the right side that can take even 5-10% of Seider’s absolutely brutal matchups. Trouba is overpaid but he’s better defensively than Gostisbehere.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
How you can say he “hit home runs” on guys who have either not established themselves or even played NHL games yet is beyond me

It wasn’t long ago we thought we have a stacked D prospect pool with Sproul, Ouellette, Kindl and Smith…
All of those guys listed below were drafted by Ken Holland. Big difference between letting Hakan Anderson run your draft and Ken Holland relying on his North American scouts.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Sticking with my prediction from before:

Husso + Holl (and a pick? or no?)
for
Trouba

NYR can retain 50% on Holl and ship him to Anaheim for a 7th rounder

Husso, the Rangers either buy him out or try to cap dump him somewhere for as tiny of a cost as possible. That may or may not include 50% retaining.

EDIT - If NYR are retaining on Trouba, and 30-ish percent, then maybe they're only getting Holl and a draft pick back, and not Husso. The draft pick could actually be half-decent too. 2nd rounder? 3rd rounder? If Detroit is high on Trouba's intangibles, physicality, experience / leadership, etc.

Reactions: wings95

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008

Oh boy, I remember the old days on this forum and numerous people were convinced Brendan Smith was going to be the 1D of the future for the wings. It was his college or AHL days, definitely before his pro career. I’ve never been so mislead.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Sticking with my prediction from before:

Husso + Holl (and a pick? or no?)
for
Trouba

NYR can retain 50% on Holl and ship him to Anaheim for a 7th rounder

Husso, the Rangers either buy him out or try to cap dump him somewhere for as tiny of a cost as possible. That may or may not include 50% retaining.

EDIT - If NYR are retaining on Trouba, and 30-ish percent, then maybe they're only getting Holl and a draft pick back, and not Husso. The draft pick could actually be half-decent too. 2nd rounder? 3rd rounder? If Detroit is high on Trouba's intangibles, physicality, experience / leadership, etc.
Rangers dont need husso, replace with other player

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
wonderful how fools rip yzerman whom just hit home runs with seider-raymond-danielsson-asp-cossa-kasper-edvinsson-etc after taking over weakest depth chart in nhl . ya hes a **** idiot lol

i'm a little surprised reading this post that you didn't just toss MBN in as a "home run" too

I mean....might as well right?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Seider, Trouba, Edvinsson, Chiarot, Maatta, Petry, etc... lot of size there.

Though I wonder if Chiarot or Holl go back the other way for cap purposes.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Red Wings continue with the self-induced sabotage. You'd think Stevie would have learned after the DeBrincat fiasco.
Well at least he's bringing back violence to the Motor City...Circa 80s...We old time Detroit fans have such fond memories.

Seider, Trouba, Edvinsson, Chiarot, Maatta, Petry, etc... lot of size there.

Though I wonder if Chiarot or Holl go back the other way for cap purposes.
We're hoping Holl would be the odd man out.

Reactions: SantosHalper

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Rangers dont need husso, replace with other player
Yeah, they have Shesterkin and Quick. The idea is "Trouba has regressed to a 3rd pair defenseman who one could argue is a pylon. He makes $8.0m cap hit for 2 years. We're sending you two cap dump bad contracts with no prospects and MAYBE a draft pick for doing you the favour of taking on Trouba's terrible contract and cap hit".

NYR aren't looking at Husso as a goalie. He's just a negative value contract that they need to take on in order to get rid of Trouba. Then, they quickly move onto the next step, which is "how do we get rid of Husso?". That problem is way easier to solve than "how do we get rid of Trouba?". It's a one year deal for $4.75m. Just buy him out or pay a team a draft pick to take the contract. If you retain 50% on Husso, you can probably do Husso + 5th for a 7th rounder. That's not particularly painful.

OUT - Trouba and 5th rounder
IN - 7th rounder and 7th rounder and MAYBE a pick from DET
NOTE - retaining 50% on Holl (2 years) and 50% on Husso (1 year)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Uhhh. If you don’t think Trouba is better than Petry/Holl I doubt your hockey knowledge. Detroit badly needs someone on the right side that can take even 5-10% of Seider’s absolutely brutal matchups. Trouba is overpaid but he’s better defensively than Gostisbehere.

Really saying a lot there, a cardboard cutout of Scott Stevens would be better defensively than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad