Proposal: NYR and VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Feb 19, 2018
I’m obviously not going to get into NTC/NMC etc, and both teams are probably sick of proposals, but I might have found a solution for both teams.

NYR: Myers + Miller
VAN: Trouba (1.5 retained)+ Lafrenier

Myers is only under contract for 2 more seasons at 6 million per, he would be replacing Trouba until Schneider is ready for a bigger role. In this scenario Rangers get out of 4 years term and allow them to keep their blue chip Prospect Schneider whom many believe is untouchable. Myers can do a bit of everything and adds size, mobility and most importantly, only 2 more years on his contract. Miller has been beaten to death and everyone knows what he brings. He’s signed next year for $5.25 million.

Vancouver would be getting a top 4 RHD who can play with Hughes for the duration of his contract. The big prize for also doing this is the potential of former first overall Alexis Lafrenier. He was chosen two years ago and by the looks of it could use a change of scenery or more opportunity. Lafrenier does have the potential to be the best player in the deal, but if he even turns out to be a JT Miller at this point, you take that all day. Vancouver frees up roughly $4 million in Cap and get younger in the deal.

Thoughts?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Trouba will have a lot of value when his NMC expires. Under Gallant, he's been steady and physical, finally what the Rangers paid for in the trade after they fired college coach David Quinn. Look at the names of D-men that are out there at the deadline and the asking price. A big physical defenseman that can defend well and chip in some offense with his shot is a valuable asset. He's worth every penny this year thus far. If 1 year of Ristolainen can fetch what Philly paid for him (bad trade), then that's the starting price for a team that wants to pick up Trouba in his prime when Trouba could be traded.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I’m obviously not going to get into NTC/NMC etc, and both teams are probably sick of proposals, but I might have found a solution for both teams.

Myers is only under contract for 2 more seasons at 6 million per, he would be replacing Trouba until Schneider is ready for a bigger role. In this scenario Rangers get out of 4 years term and allow them to keep their blue chip Prospect Schneider whom many believe is untouchable. Myers can do a bit of everything and adds size, mobility and most importantly, only 2 more years on his contract. Miller has been beaten to death and everyone knows what he brings. He’s signed next year for $5.25 million.

Vancouver would be getting a top 4 RHD who can play with Hughes for the duration of his contract. The big prize for also doing this is the potential of former first overall Alexis Lafrenier. He was chosen two years ago and by the looks of it could use a change of scenery or more opportunity. Lafrenier does have the potential to be the best player in the deal, but if he even turns out to be a JT Miller at this point, you take that all day. Vancouver frees up roughly $4 million in Cap and get younger in the deal.

Thoughts?

Ummm no. Just no.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I don't think that the Ranger will trade Lafrenier, if he busts he busts.

Reactions: SML2

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Thoughts?

Hard pass from NYR

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
What I am kimd of taken aback by is how many people think Laf is trending towards busting. Normally hot shot prospects come in and are all about scoring and won't go play in their own end. Lad comes in and right off the bat plays a prettyreliable defensive game and people lose their minds. He's going to be fine. Give him time and leave him alone. The offense will come.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Thoughts?
You go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know.

Last edited:

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Trouba will have a lot of value when his NMC expires. Under Gallant, he's been steady and physical, finally what the Rangers paid for in the trade after they fired college coach David Quinn. Look at the names of D-men that are out there at the deadline and the asking price. A big physical defenseman that can defend well and chip in some offense with his shot is a valuable asset. He's worth every penny this year thus far. If 1 year of Ristolainen can fetch what Philly paid for him (bad trade), then that's the starting price for a team that wants to pick up Trouba in his prime when Trouba could be traded.
Out of his 12 team teade list, how many can fit him? How many will need him?

That's the thing, he still control where he goes

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
if this were a value of thread, I get how you may want to set aside nmc/ntc.

But since that's not the case, no way it can be ignored.
We love Trouba this yr, but would love even more, imo, to repurpose his 8m recovering signif asset value and plug Schneider's elc into 2RD behind Fox.

so this is doa at sq1

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
why would NYR do this?
the idea of adding Miller is to complement the core and what the team has done to-date, not turn it inside out

Trouba has been the heart of their D, and
and among NYR circles, there is no genuine disappointment w Laf -
more points might've been anticipated, but in this lineup he gets scraps for PP time, and he is still very young, and no good reason not to give him time
certainly not for just 1-1/2 season of JTM
[who i think will never actually rejoin NYR ...

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Thoughts?

This isn't a solution at all for the Rangers. Laf isn't on the table for Miller and we have no desire to move Trouba, especially if we have to retain 1.5 mil for the next 4 years. Are you serious?

We can't afford to re-sign Miller as it is. Taking back Myers and retaining on Trouba doesn't change that. Trouba's NMC changes to a 15 team NTC in 2 years, so we can trade him then if Schneider surpasses him.

Vancouver is not getting the pieces they want from the Rangers for Miller. Move on.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He's still overpaid

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017

Do you really think he's worth 8 mil a year? Come on now. Pay him what he's worth at 5.5 maybe 6 and you still have PPG Buch. If and when teams are trying to get him they are going to want money retained or a new contract.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021

Thoughts?
Wow. Can the Rangers add a little more to make this even more insane?

Reactions: UnSandvich

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
What I am kimd of taken aback by is how many people think Laf is trending towards busting. Normally hot shot prospects come in and are all about scoring and won't go play in their own end. Lad comes in and right off the bat plays a prettyreliable defensive game and people lose their minds. He's going to be fine. Give him time and leave him alone. The offense will come.
He's not. Some people just enjoy any chance to rag NY teams.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Feb 19, 2018
I’ve come to the conclusion Ranger fans are bi polar and unreasonable. Who on gods earth thinks Trouba’s contract is going to age well? This was an opportunity to shed that contract as no team will take it on without salary coming back. I do agree keeping him and since there is no space for Schneider to deal him as he will get a way better return.
Q the….. but we are keeping both lol

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Vancouver adds 2024 7th conditional on Arizona having more than 4,000 fans at every game next year

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Thoughts?
Brutal. Rangers could add Schnieder and a pick and JR would STILL hang up immediately. Good Lord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad