Proposal: NYR and VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I’m obviously not going to get into NTC/NMC etc, and both teams are probably sick of proposals, but I might have found a solution for both teams.

NYR: Myers + Miller
VAN: Trouba (1.5 retained)+ Lafrenier

Myers is only under contract for 2 more seasons at 6 million per, he would be replacing Trouba until Schneider is ready for a bigger role. In this scenario Rangers get out of 4 years term and allow them to keep their blue chip Prospect Schneider whom many believe is untouchable. Myers can do a bit of everything and adds size, mobility and most importantly, only 2 more years on his contract. Miller has been beaten to death and everyone knows what he brings. He’s signed next year for $5.25 million.

Vancouver would be getting a top 4 RHD who can play with Hughes for the duration of his contract. The big prize for also doing this is the potential of former first overall Alexis Lafrenier. He was chosen two years ago and by the looks of it could use a change of scenery or more opportunity. Lafrenier does have the potential to be the best player in the deal, but if he even turns out to be a JT Miller at this point, you take that all day. Vancouver frees up roughly $4 million in Cap and get younger in the deal.

Thoughts?

No way the Rangers do this, like ZERO chance.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do you really think he's worth 8 mil a year? Come on now. Pay him what he's worth at 5.5 maybe 6 and you still have PPG Buch. If and when teams are trying to get him they are going to want money retained or a new contract.
Buch was gonna be way more than his last Rangers contract. Another mil + would not have done it. Plus smart move was to move Buch like 2 yrs earlier when his contract and small $ made him super appealing, even more than in his last yr, despite that he arguably was a better player by then

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
I’ve come to the conclusion Ranger fans are bi polar and unreasonable. Who on gods earth thinks Trouba’s contract is going to age well? This was an opportunity to shed that contract as no team will take it on without salary coming back. I do agree keeping him and since there is no space for Schneider to deal him as he will get a way better return.
Q the….. but we are keeping both lol

But you have the rangers retaining salary. Even your defense of this terrible idea is terrible. If the rangers are trading Laf to win over the next 1.5 years w/ Miller, why are they shipping out their most physical top 4 d?

The rangers can trade Trouba when his nmc is up (not now) and if they have to retain they will. They aren’t going to give up a guy with lafs potential to do it.

this wasn’t thought through at all

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I’ve come to the conclusion Ranger fans are bi polar and unreasonable. Who on gods earth thinks Trouba’s contract is going to age well? This was an opportunity to shed that contract as no team will take it on without salary coming back. I do agree keeping him and since there is no space for Schneider to deal him as he will get a way better return.
He is central to this team's defense right now. He brings a unique steadiness and toughness that we do not get from any other player; except Igor. He is not 32 you know. If he continues to play like he is, the contract is fine.

Reactions: UnSandvich and SML2

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Trouba went to New York for a reason, As his wife is going to be a Dr there. There's no freaking way Trouba would ever waive to Vancouver or any Canadian team for that matter when it's obvious he wanted the States only.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Haha sure pal, we're the unreasonable ones here.

Even if you don't think Trouba's contract will age well, you think we want to pay Tyler Myers, who's not nearly as good and 5 years older, $6M per year until 2024??

Reactions: UnSandvich

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
I’m obviously not going to get into NTC/NMC etc, and both teams are probably sick of proposals, but I might have found a solution for both teams.

Myers is only under contract for 2 more seasons at 6 million per, he would be replacing Trouba until Schneider is ready for a bigger role. In this scenario Rangers get out of 4 years term and allow them to keep their blue chip Prospect Schneider whom many believe is untouchable. Myers can do a bit of everything and adds size, mobility and most importantly, only 2 more years on his contract. Miller has been beaten to death and everyone knows what he brings. He’s signed next year for $5.25 million.

Vancouver would be getting a top 4 RHD who can play with Hughes for the duration of his contract. The big prize for also doing this is the potential of former first overall Alexis Lafrenier. He was chosen two years ago and by the looks of it could use a change of scenery or more opportunity. Lafrenier does have the potential to be the best player in the deal, but if he even turns out to be a JT Miller at this point, you take that all day. Vancouver frees up roughly $4 million in Cap and get younger in the deal.

Thoughts?
I’m a Canucks fan and you are missing another major piece going to the rangers.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada

Thoughts?
Counter proposal- Strome and our 1st for Petterson...... see what i did there?

common12

Sep 10, 2011

I am pretty sure Ranger and Canucks fans have come to the conclusion your proposal is garbage and you can't get over the fact its terrible. Why do the Rangers need to move Trouba and/or Schneider when Schneider is on year 1 of his ELC? He has zero say in anything. You dont even make any sense. Kind of like your proposal where the Rangers retain on Trouba to pay a much worse dman almost the same amount for 2 years and then they get to pay 2 years past his contract. And we are unreasonable because your proposal while being terrible and makes the Rangers worse, we don't accept it with open arms.......come on you can't be serious.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I am pretty sure Ranger and Canucks fans have come to the conclusion your proposal is garbage and you can't get over the fact its terrible. Why do the Rangers need to move Trouba and/or Schneider when Schneider is on year 1 of his ELC? He has zero say in anything. You dont even make any sense. Kind of like your proposal where the Rangers retain on Trouba to pay a much worse dman almost the same amount for 2 years and then they get to pay 2 years past his contract. And we are unreasonable because your proposal while being terrible and makes the Rangers worse, we don't accept it with open arms.......come on you can't be serious.
Also why wouldn't his contract age well? He's 28. Sometimes posters on HFboards think any player older than 24 is useless.

Reactions: common12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad