Proposal: NYR and MON then EDM multiple deals w/in a package

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I promised a bern special for the holidays and here it is. If anyone wants something more Yuletide, go to the Christmas thread at the Ranger board. And now without further a dieu...

larger view is 3 team but for tech reasons broken down into 2, each its own large package.

EVERYTHING IS PACKAGE IS TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT

A) NY-MON
part 1: Kravtsov + Geo for Price at half = 5.25 x 5
part 2: Strome at full 4.5 no retain for MON 2023 + 2024 2nds
part 3: WPG 2022 4th + Hajek for MON 2022 3rd

rationale:
Habs - best use of Price is trade since not likely to compete next 2-3 yrs. Wince on eating half, but Habs have no one to blame but themselves for that and Price not moveable at full pop. Krav is solid talent, doing well in the K, and has C potential which Rangers are foolishly ignoring to consider to date, but a needed F in any case. Geo comes w/rfa control, runs hot and cold but also show he is solid when he is the guy w/starter work.
Strome reportedly wants 5.75 w/term to stay a Ranger, which he can't get b'c any other ?, NY has no cap for that. If he takes a 3-4 year deal to Gorts liking, he can be a useful pivot add, or flipped for a late 2021 1st as a rental, which MON gets draft help now for paying later. Strome as cap balance in this facilitates deal.
Hajek has no room on Rangers and MON is getting off a little light on Strome so a back scratch is made, NY has no 3rd this yr and Canadiens can live with downgrade a 3rd to a 4th.

Rangers - It was a mistake not to listen to me and give Krav a shot at C, but whatev, we move on. Value obtained; Price will obv be sold to highest bidder, and picks for Strome works out fine. Hajek was all world for 4 games, damaged his shoulder, and somehow NY botched his return. Upgrading to a needed 3rd is fine as is the roster slot.

Pause to consider who would make higher offer for Price w/Rangers retaining 5 years at 1.5 per reducing his cap hit from 5.25 to 3.75.
Avs are a contender, as are others. Guessing Oil might cough up the most, tho would be curious to see other offers.
So,

B) NY-MON
part 1: Price retained again by another 1.5 so 5.25 reduced to 3.75 x 5
Rangers want a signif profit; massive overpay not in order, but admit competition for Price at that price. [lol:.].

step 1, equalize value for Kravtsov 9OA = 8OA Broberg. {And no, not taking Yama and a pick instead}.
step 2 put on shelf value of Geo, come back to it, and then what profit is to be added.

part 2: Lindgren at full 3 x 3 no retain for Holloway
Unfortunately, added cap hit on Fox + Zib leaves no alternative. Lindgren is only guy w/any cap recovery for this scenario. Fortunately he is replaced by bigger, faster, cheaper Broberg.
Value: would want AT LEAST a mid 1st for heart and soul Lindy, effective at clearing the crease and, while not unicorn speed demon, is also sufficiently fast. Holloway was that level pick. Outside chance he is pivot, more likely he is a great bookend W w/Kreider.

part 3: part 2 above only pays for acquiring Lindgren. It does not pay 5 years eating 1.5 cap on Price. For that I want two future 2nds if sooner or 3 if delayed extensively. Will split the dif and do two 2nds down the road but not too far and a 3rd. I will take EDM 2023 3rd and 2024 + 2025 2nds

part 4: returning to part 1, step 2, value of Geo: I add NYR 2021 4th and take 2nd round pick McLeod

part 5: NY still has LD prospect depth in Reunanen. Is ready now if need be, comes w/rfa cost control. Reunanen + NYR 2023 3rd for Lavoie, who was a 2nd round pick.

part 6: not adding up every nickel, even at double retained Price 3.75 + Lindgren 3.0 = 6.75 add for EDM team showing zero cap per CF. So if we are honest expiring Koskinen 4.5 is a cap dump you should pay for. Howev, Merry Christmas, NY will do expiring vet Kinkaid to get you thru this year as backup for unwanted Kosk, no charge, as part of this package.

If you want him for free, you can also take Brodzinski to help bottom 6 your playoff run.

-------------------------------------

rationale:
Oil surrender high end prospects but get legit top help in G and Lindgren immediate help [notice Broberg at the A?]
Do have to refresh next coupla drafts but revitalizing w/youth is still doable going forward.
It is a big gamble, but if Price approaches good or better form, arguably worth it.
And, not unimportant, dealing for Price eliminates NY sending him elsewhere, incl Colorado.

Rangers -
complete a plan to proceed from strength with high quality prospects.
It is a major wince to lose Lindgren, but we are likely pulling off a band aid that needed to done in coupla years anyway.

are controlling the cap, not letting it control us
added futures, both picks + prospects, is smart

roster:
Broberg replaces Lindgren, max Nemeth - Nils to acclerate his acclimation, then move Nemeth, likely room for Robertson, but also possible chance for Jones!
and can also entertain shifting Nils to LD and calling up Schneider, at least til we can move Trouba
Broberg - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nemeth - Nils

Fs
Goodrow - Zib - Panarin
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
Kreider - Barron - Kakko [not sure if enuf scoring but dif to play vs will dominate]
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt
ample reserves incl to upgrade

=============================================================
have at it and play nice.

respectful reminder to mods, this is a scenario of multiple deals, even tho as a package.
All homework shown. Each deal can stand up for individual assessment.
Thus not subject to a harge of outlandish vs entire combo of suggested deals.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Kravtsov + Geo does not return Price at 50%
Montreal is not look for a rental in Strome, certainly not for multiple picks
4th+Hajek for 3rd... Maybe? If the Habs liked him it seems like a reasonable price, but at the same time do they really need more fringe dmen?

I think most fans would value Broberg higher than Kravtsov
I doubt the Rangers are okay with moving Lindgren
Honestly, the rest is such a cluster**** that I'm just going to leave it at that.

Reactions: spot

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thank you for giving me a stroke for Christmas.

A big fat hell no from Edmonton. Absolute awful valuation, thinking Edmonton would trade Holloway for a guy with all the offense of Fred Penner and that would be our #3 LD.

finally Broberg >>> Kravtsov with a trade demand.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I promised a bern special for the holidays and here it is. If anyone wants something more Yuletide, go to the Christmas thread at the Ranger board. And now without further a dieu...

larger view is 3 team but for tech reasons broken down into 2, each its own large package.

A) NY-MON

rationale:
Habs - best use of Price is trade since not likely to compete next 2-3 yrs. Wince on eating half, but Habs have no one to blame but themselves for that and Price not moveable at full pop. Krav is solid talent, doing well in the K, and has C potential which Rangers are foolishly ignoring to consider to date, but a needed F in any case. Geo comes w/rfa control, runs hot and cold but also show he is solid when he is the guy w/starter work.
Strome reportedly wants 5.75 w/term to stay a Ranger, which he can't get b'c any other ?, NY has no cap for that. If he takes a 3-4 year deal to Gorts liking, he can be a useful pivot add, or flipped for a late 2021 1st as a rental, which MON gets draft help now for paying later. Strome as cap balance in this facilitates deal.
Hajek has no room on Rangers and MON is getting off a little light on Strome so a back scratch is made, NY has no 3rd this yr and Canadiens can live with downgrade a 3rd to a 4th.

Rangers - It was a mistake not to listen to me and give Krav a shot at C, but whatev, we move on. Value obtained; Price will obv be sold to highest bidder, and picks for Strome works out fine. Hajek was all world for 4 games, damaged his shoulder, and somehow NY botched his return. Upgrading to a needed 3rd is fine as is the roster slot.

Pause to consider who would make higher offer for Price w/Rangers retaining 5 years at 1.5 per reducing his cap hit from 5.25 to 3.75.
Avs are a contender, as are others. Guessing Oil might cough up the most, tho would be curious to see other offers.
So,

B) NY-MON
Rangers want a signif profit; massive overpay not in order, but admit competition for Price at that price. [lol:.].

step 1, equalize value for Kravtsov 9OA = 8OA Broberg. {And no, not taking Yama and a pick instead}.
step 2 put on shelf value of Geo, come back to it, and then what profit is to be added.

Unfortunately, added cap hit on Fox + Zib leaves no alternative. Lindgren is only guy w/any cap recovery for this scenario. Fortunately he is replaced by bigger, faster, cheaper Broberg.
Value: would want AT LEAST a mid 1st for heart and soul Lindy, effective at clearing the crease and, while not unicorn speed demon, is also sufficiently fast. Holloway was that level pick. Outside chance he is pivot, more likely he is a great bookend W w/Kreider.

part 3: part 2 above only pays for acquiring Lindgren. It does not pay 5 years eating 1.5 cap on Price. For that I want two future 2nds if sooner or 3 if delayed extensively. Will split the dif and do two 2nds down the road but not too far and a 3rd. I will take EDM 2023 3rd and 2024 + 2025 2nds

part 4: returning to part 1, step 2, value of Geo: I add NYR 2021 4th and take 2nd round pick McLeod

part 5: NY still has LD prospect depth in Reunanen. Is ready now if need be, comes w/rfa cost control. Reunanen + NYR 2023 3rd for Lavoie, who was a 2nd round pick.

part 6: not adding up every nickel, even at double retained Price 3.75 + Lindgren 3.0 = 6.75 add for EDM team showing zero cap per CF. So if we are honest expiring Koskinen 4.5 is a cap dump you should pay for. Howev, Merry Christmas, NY will do expiring vet Kinkaid to get you thru this year as backup for unwanted Kosk, no charge, as part of this package.

If you want him for free, you can also take Brodzinski to help bottom 6 your playoff run.

rationale:
Oil surrender high end prospects but get legit top help in G and Lindgren immediate help [notice Broberg at the A?]
Do have to refresh next coupla drafts but revitalizing w/youth is still doable going forward.
It is a big gamble, but if Price approaches good or better form, arguably worth it.
And, not unimportant, dealing for Price eliminates NY sending him elsewhere, incl Colorado.

Rangers -
It is a major wince to lose Lindgren, but we are likely pulling off a band aid that needed to done in coupla years anyway.

roster:
Broberg replaces Lindgren, max Nemeth - Nils to acclerate his acclimation, then move Nemeth, likely room for Robertson, but also possible chance for Jones!
and can also entertain shifting Nils to LD and calling up Schneider, at least til we can move Trouba
Broberg - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nemeth - Nils

Fs
Goodrow - Zib - Panarin
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
Kreider - Barron - Kakko [not sure if enuf scoring but dif to play vs will dominate]
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

respectful reminder to mods, this is a scenario of multiple deals, even tho as a package.

I don't think you've taken the effect the cap has on the Oilers with these deals. They lose BOTH Holloway and Broberg and have no money going out but some $$$ coming in. That can't happen. I think these are great deals for the Rangers and not so much for everyone else.

Sorry Bern, you want to get a LHD to play in your top pairing and under a ELC? Shesterkin is the guy you have to deal, not Price.

Reactions: spot

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why would the Habs do that awful Strome trade? That doesn’t make any sense for them as a high lottery pick team. Value way off as well. Strome doesn’t come close to having that sort of value.

Reactions: viceroy

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This deal is legitimately awful for both teams. I can’t see why either team would want any of the pieces coming back in any of these trades.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Wtf Habs aren't eating all that money to have Price play for some other team, especially for such a nothingburger return. Strome for two 2nd's from a bottom dweller also sounds like what Jim Benning would do in his early days as the Canucks GM. I don't want my team to make Jim Benning moves.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Your deal is too complicated. Are we to assume part 2 and part 3 doesn't happen without part 1? Or are we to assume that part 1 doesn't happen without part 2 and 3?

Rangers - Edmonton
***Where is Kravtsov coming into play if we traded him to Montreal? I'm assuming you just meant we're getting back an 8th overall after giving up a 9th overall to Montreal, so the deal you're looking for i'm going to again assume is the following after the initial trade with Montreal.

Price - 3.75million x 5
Lindren 3 x3
4th round pick

Holloway
Broberg
McLeod
EDM 2023 3rd and 2024 + 2025 2nds

Is this what you mean? Because if it is i'm going to change career paths and become a detective. You basically want to take advantage of Edmonton by having Montreal retain half the contract for Price.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Your deal is too complicated. Are we to assume part 2 and part 3 doesn't happen without part 1? Or are we to assume that part 1 doesn't happen without part 2 and 3?

Rangers - Edmonton
***Where is Kravtsov coming into play if we traded him to Montreal? I'm assuming you just meant we're getting back an 8th overall after giving up a 9th overall to Montreal, so the deal you're looking for i'm going to again assume is the following after the initial trade with Montreal.

Price - 3.75million x 5
Lindren 3 x3
4th round pick

Holloway
Broberg
McLeod
EDM 2023 3rd and 2024 + 2025 2nds

Is this what you mean? Because if it is i'm going to change career paths and become a detective. You basically want to take advantage of Edmonton by having Montreal retain half the contract for Price.

Utter fleecing of the Oilers. Not great for the Habs either.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Utter fleecing of the Oilers. Not great for the Habs either.
It's not good for Montreal, but it just seems like the entire purpose is to gain an advantage on retaining Price for Oilers, and cashing in.

Also, I can't see NYR giving up Lindgren and Strome when they currently sit in a a good metro position. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless this is a move when NYR are already out of playoffs. Expecting Broberg to take top pair LD with Fox and randomly tossing somebody in the 2C spot is going to tank the season. There's no thought-out logic here. It's like a fantasy game where you just try to gain better future players.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
It's not good for Montreal, but it just seems like the entire purpose is to gain an advantage on retaining Price for Oilers, and cashing in.
Well sort of, go back over the history of Bern proposals and it is a very convoluted way to under pay for Broberg. If this was Hollywood they would have a nickname BroBern.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Did anyone else struggle to even get through reading the proposals? That was tough to comprehend. Merry Christmas though:)

Reactions: Overrateprospects

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

A) NY-MON

rationale:

So,

B) NY-MON

rationale:

Rangers -

roster:
Broberg - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nemeth - Nils

Fs
Goodrow - Zib - Panarin
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

Ridiculous but whatever if it keeps you entertained

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
So you spent a thread telling everyone that Kravtsov is still worth a 9th overall pick, then to go and create another and trade him along with Georgiev for Carey friggin Price? Not only that, but you proceeded to have Montreal RETAIN 50% on Price?

Lmfao. Can’t make this shit up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
TLDR and the top part with the MTL trades is f***ing horrible.

Kravtsov + Geo does not return Price at 50%
Montreal is not look for a rental in Strome, certainly not for multiple picks
4th+Hajek for 3rd... Maybe? If the Habs liked him it seems like a reasonable price, but at the same time do they really need more fringe dmen?

I think most fans would value Broberg higher than Kravtsov
I doubt the Rangers are okay with moving Lindgren
Honestly, the rest is such a cluster**** that I'm just going to leave it at that.

the core premise of this is that INDEED, Habs DO have to make this kind of deal if they want to move Price.

Price is not tradeable at 50%. Still too much.
Habs MUST take on a third team partner to eat some more.

Now, if Canadiens do not want to deal Price and keep him at full pop, they are more than at liberty to do that.

But as I said BEST CASE is they have AT LEAST 3.5 yrs before serious competing.

It is a waste of most of Price, and they should sell high on him now, and make concessions to do so mindful Price at 5.25 x 5 w/o a third team does not work for 99% of league.
Prove me wrong.
Who? Who!! is gonna buy him for half retained only?
We had a whole thread and it was conclusive pretty much no one.

Who can be third team partner if not Rangers?
And Rangers have no interest in going there unless there is quick flip of Price for enuf profit.

If you rather keep Price, then respectfully disagree as to that is your best move, but fine.
But if you concede this is reality that you eventually have to go down a path that somewhat resembles this, then face up to you reap what you have sown when you gave price 10 + x 10.

I don't think you've taken the effect the cap has on the Oilers with these deals. They lose BOTH Holloway and Broberg and have no money going out but some $$$ coming in. That can't happen. I think these are great deals for the Rangers and not so much for everyone else.

Sorry Bern, you want to get a LHD to play in your top pairing and under a ELC? Shesterkin is the guy you have to deal, not Price.

This deal is ballpark cap compliant. I particularly took pains to ensure that by taking on Koskinen's expiring cap no charge.
After this year, you have to rework/juggle.

Everyone wants their cake and eat it too, for free.
Everyone wants best chance for cup w/vets but doesn't wanna cough up good assets for it.

I don't want/need a LHD elc. It is simply that Broberg is closest fit for Krav value, and that is what has to happen or no deal, Price gets flipped to the Avs for Newhook + at min.

We are not dealing Shesty, and certainly not for Broberg, who is otherwise redundant except in this scenario, Rangers make room by sending Lindgren to Oil.

Why would the Habs do that awful Strome trade? That doesn’t make any sense for them as a high lottery pick team. Value way off as well. Strome doesn’t come close to having that sort of value.
Disagree on Strome, worth late 1st this yr or 2nd this yr and next as a rental.

Got pushed down from 2nd this yr into a 2024 2nd

Also would do b'c it is a package deal.

I have gotten warning points for trolling before and this is way worse than what I posted.

Per HF's terms of service and rules:
Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

Underline = your opinion, not a statement of fact.
Bold:
1. this is not on a team board, so no prob there
2. otherwise, unlike many if not most posts, this one takes pains to explain the values and why. Like it or not, there is some reasonable basis for these statements. You may disagree and that is fine, but there is a reasonable basis.

For example, Krav is a 9OA and Broberg an 8OA.
That is reasonable.
There can be debate about whether or not Rangers mishandling of Krav is significant, including as to fact they control an ability to recover from such mistep.
But the premise is reasonable.

Stroke isn’t getting 2 2nds nor a 1st.

I don’t see habs retaining 50% on Price.

Hajek doesn’t get QOed

Strome will get that much if made available, esp if it is done NOW when there is more term.
I am mo concerned about stupidity of self rental, reducing or eliminating value.

Habs retain or they are stuck w/Price. Is that their best move for 5 more yrs?
Hajek, you ignored how he was small piece including swap of 3rd + 4th picks.

Wtf Habs aren't eating all that money to have Price play for some other team, especially for such a nothingburger return. Strome for two 2nd's from a bottom dweller also sounds like what Jim Benning would do in his early days as the Canucks GM. I don't want my team to make Jim Benning moves.
Feel free to suggest better moves.

Winding up w/Kravtsov + Geo is a strong offer for Price, and Habs have to throw in the at half as a given b'c his $$$ is too damn high to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad