Proposal: Nyr ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
Rick Nash (50 percent) Jesper fast for cam fowler 3rd

I'd prefer vatanen, but we know he is too valuable to Anaheim at this point. Rick Nash is only ranger that makes sense to move. Can fowler play the right side is the ultimate question mark for rangers fans here .

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Just a run down of the comments you can expect:

Nash sucks
Nash has zero value
Nash is on a decline
Anh. has an internal cap
Anh. doesn't need Nash
Fowler is god
Fowler is our best all around dman
....not for Nash

yadda yadda yaaaaa.......um this proposal is likely on every one of the last 10 pages, it certainly is not the first time it has been posted.
Good times ahead for sure!

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
Why? At 3.9 million, you get a winger who can score 25 to 30 goals , good in all three zones, and only for two years . Don't understand narrative that people want nothing to do with that kind of player at 3.9 a year , understand completely if he was at full cap charge but it isn't

Blueshirts08

Jun 26, 2015
you want a scoring winger at a discount who can play in all situations. Rangers need to get younger , Anaheim wants to win now. Imagine Nash on a line with perry or Getzlaf , or both ?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Nash sucks
Nash has zero value
Nash is on a decline
Anh. has an internal cap
Anh. doesn't need Nash
Fowler is god
....not for Nash

yadda yadda yaaaaa.......um this proposal is likely on every one of the last 10 pages, it certainly is not the first time it has been posted.

You forgot a few

The ducks would be lucky to have nash
The ducks should move more money around to make room for Nash
Fowler is ****
Fowler is one of the worst defensemen in the league
Fowler is bad
Fowler is trash
Fowler is terrible
Fowler is awful
Fowler is really bad
Fowler doesn't know how to play defense
Fowler doesn't know how to play offense
Fowler doesn't know how to hockey
New York doesn't want Fowler.
Fowler is really terrible
Fowler sucks
Fowler sucks eggs
Fowler sucks worse than most defensemen
Did you guys hear us when we said Fowler sucks?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You forgot a few

The ducks would be lucky to have nash
The ducks should move more money around to make room for Nash

Haven't heard anyone say any of that. Have heard Ranger fans say that Anaheim fans have expressed a need for scoring wingers, Nash plays both sides. So it would make sense from that standpoint. I understand the age issue.

Fowler is ****
Fowler is one of the worst defensemen in the league
Fowler is bad
Fowler is trash
Fowler is terrible
Fowler is awful
Fowler is really bad

Yeah, letting one or two speak for an entire fanbase is normal. By that logic, I should go say that all Ducks fans are whiners because of your tacky whining.

Fowler doesn't know how to play defense
Fowler doesn't know how to play offense
Fowler doesn't know how to hockey

His defense has been suspect, even Ducks fans in previous threads have acknowledged this, some others blame it on having Bieksa with him.

New York doesn't want Fowler.

It's not that they don't want him, it's that they need right side help, not left. Fowler is on the left according to you guys. It's just not a fit due to that.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Haven't heard anyone say any of that. Have heard Ranger fans say that Anaheim fans have expressed a need for scoring wingers, Nash plays both sides. So it would make sense from that standpoint. I understand the age issue.

Yeah, letting one or two speak for an entire fanbase is normal. By that logic, I should go say that all Ducks fans are whiners because of your tacky whining.

His defense has been suspect, even Ducks fans in previous threads have acknowledged this, some others blame it on having Bieksa with him.

It's not that they don't want him, it's that they need right side help, not left. Fowler is on the left according to you guys. It's just not a fit due to that.

The voice of reason, although do not want Fowler esp. for what is anticipated ask demanded.

ie if I am putting assets into shoring up LD or upgrade, I typically want another target.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I know not all Rangers fans believe this. Relax. I'm just saying this is how Fowler threads usually go. Whether it involves the Rangers or not. Page after page of a few of the same guys trying build some supreme court case on why Fowler is terrible and Ducks fans defending him to the point of overrating.

And the first two are exaggerations of things I did hear RE: Nash. I'm not gonna go seeking the posts but I saw a poster or two saying the Ducks would be lucky to have Nash in response to some saying he's a washed up star for the money he makes. Then at least once I saw someone say that the ducks should make some moves to free up the cap room cause our top line would be crazy good with Nash on it.

And I understand the Rangers don't have room for Fowler. I've put up with a whole summer's worth of these threads, I'm aware. But there are a select few Rangers fans who just flat out don't want him even if the Rangers had room and they are very very vocal about it.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

There is a small group of Rangers fans who have ripped on Fowler continually this off season at every opportunity, including one of your mods. No it isn't correct to paint a fan base with one brush, but it's not something DJ is making up out of thin air. A perfect example is the joke of a post below mine.

As for the OP's offer, no matter how you slice it, we're not giving up a 24 year old minute muncher for a 32 year old winger coming off a down year. Let's just agree that Fowler to the Rangers doesn't work and let the concept die already.

Last edited:

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
Want nothing to do with Fowler - I would not trade Nash with ZERO retention for him. He is one of the last defenseman I would want.

Lindholm, Theodore, Manson, Montour, etc

All above him imo.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Rick Nash (50 percent) Jesper fast for cam fowler 3rd

I'd prefer vatanen, but we know he is too valuable to Anaheim at this point. Rick Nash is only ranger that makes sense to move. Can fowler play the right side is the ultimate question mark for rangers fans here .

Not interested in 32 year old Nash even at 50% retained. 2 of last 3 seasons missed lots of games with injury and isn't that good a playoff performer.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The Ducks would be even more scary the next two years if this deal were to happen. The issue is after the 2 years they could be left with only Fast for Fowler.

Ducksgo*

Eventually Anaheim will learn to move players quickly after injury prone and stay away from them period. Hence the Hiller era, Bryzgalov, and countless others. I sure as hell hope Anaheim doesn't do a trade like this from OP.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
So many things I want to say.

So many things I've already said.

Why do people insist on posting NYR/ANA threads.

Please just lock this before someone gets hurt.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Nash sucks
Nash has zero value
Nash is on a decline
Anh. has an internal cap
Anh. doesn't need Nash
Fowler is god
....not for Nash

Lets see some answers to your post.

Nash sucks.---- He sure did last season
Nash has zero value.-- Not zero but very little
Nash is on a decline.-----Big time
Anh. has an internal cap. Ok
Anh. doesn't need Nash. Not Nash
Fowler is god.Not God but is a fine # 2/#3
Fowler is our best all around dman. No Not really
....not for Nash.Soooooo true.

Ducksgo*

Lets see some answers to your post.