Speculation: Nylander XXI - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Funny... on the Canes board we're saying it's not the 30 other NHL team's job to solve Toronto's cap problems. I guess we'll have some resolution in just over 24 hours....
yup he is gonna sign, either that 3x5.4 or the 7 yr 6.9 deal. Its been obvious for some time that they are waiting till tomorrow to lessen the cap hit.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
yup he is gonna sign, either that 3x5.4 or the 7 yr 6.9 deal. Its been obvious for some time that they are waiting till tomorrow to lessen the cap hit.

I seriously doubt he's signing a bridge. It would have been done already. Long term around $7mil AAV I could see, but signing a bridge at this point is WN admitting defeat. My guess is he'd rather stand his ground and sit out (which is a lose/lose scenario for all involved).

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Hope he signs and trade, like Nylander he is clutch and really fun to watch, look forward on seeing him playing and kicking the Leafs ass. Can't bare having to follow him on the leafs board. :eek:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I seriously doubt he's signing a bridge. It would have been done already. Long term around $7mil AAV I could see, but signing a bridge at this point is WN admitting defeat. My guess is he'd rather stand his ground and sit out (which is a lose/lose scenario for all involved).
He has an agent working on his behalf to stop him from making such a childish decision such as missing and entire year of salary for the sake of pride.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Dubas is probably waiting to see if anyone ups their trade offers. But I don't think anyone will give up much for an unsigned winger who wants 7mil+ (assuming that is the ask). And he could very will sit out a year if a team he doesn't like gets his rights.

I'm assuming they will put a long term deal around 6.7 and a bridge for 3 years AAV 5.5 on the table as the final offer once they've exhausted the trade route. It's up to Nylander. Obviously as a Bruins fan I would love to see Leafs lose out here but I don't see why Nylander wouldn't cave and at least sign a bridge. It's money or no money at this point. Leafs aren't going to budge.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Deadline is really around early tomorrow morning so the contract can get processed.

If a trade is to happen, if needs to be done by the end of the day today

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
He has an agent working on his behalf to stop him from making such a childish decision such as missing and entire year of salary for the sake of pride.

Isn't it less about pride and more about being in control of his own destiny? If he signs a bridge, he has a looming lockout to be concerned about, a new CBA that will be in effect for his next negotiation (that could be more restrictive), and no real protections against being dealt somewhere he has no desire to play. I don't see how a bridge protects him from these things. My opinion is that he knows he is no more than a bargaining chip at this point (trade bait) and is playing the only card he has (hold out).

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
nylander would get vouchers in Russia if he signed there this year he would make about the same as what he would get on a bridge deal. so no he wouldn't lose a years salary.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Guy on reddit who "called" the Ennis signing saying Nylander 6yrs/$7m

that would put the cap in the ~$6.7 range? i think that put leafs in good position to keep or trade if they need to. hard to be upset for either party. big contract for nylander but leafs get cap hit that they need.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Funny... on the Canes board we're saying it's not the 30 other NHL team's job to solve Toronto's cap problems. I guess we'll have some resolution in just over 24 hours....

giphy.gif

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Hope he signs and trade, like Nylander he is clutch and really fun to watch, look forward on seeing him playing and kicking the Leafs ass. Can't bare having to follow him on the leafs board. :eek:

Seriously?

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
To t.o
Lucic
Nurse
Lagesson
Rattie
2nd 2020
To edm
Nylander
Horton