Speculation: Nylander VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Today he is, but Pastas contract was build on 1 elite season, Nylander has had more high end offensive seasons at the time of signing and that's 2 extra years.

By your comment it sounds like Leafs want to sign him at the low end of all these kids.

Pastrnak is the same age as Nylander and has shown the last 2.5 years that he is the superior player... it shouldn’t even be a question about it...

Pastrnak showed more potential when he signed his postELC contract and so far he has proved everyone right.

Nylander hasn’t shown the consistency and eliteness Pastrnak has... he isn’t projected to be as good as Pastrnak is projected to be... I don’t know how anybody be can suggest Pastrnak is a good comparable.

Ehlers and Larkin are better comparables...

Reactions: Confucius

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pasta continues to show this season why he is above Nylander

His contract is signed though and means nothing because of it.

Another one from the draft is Larkin who signed 6.1Mx5 after 1 60+ point season.

Pastrnak is the same age as Nylander and has shown the last 2.5 years that he is the superior player... it shouldn’t even be a question about it...

Pastrnak showed more potential when he signed his postELC contract and so far he has proved everyone right.

Nylander hasn’t shown the consistency and eliteness Pastrnak has... he isn’t projected to be as good as Pastrnak is projected to be... I don’t know how anybody be can suggest Pastrnak is a good comparable.

Ehlers and Larkin are better comparables...

Even Larkin signed a 6.1Mx5 contract, and I'll say again it's more how things looked on signing day vs today.

Pasta, 1 high end offensive season+ potential(higher ceiling)
Nylander, 2 high end offensive seasons+ potential.

Pasta has the ceiling, Nylander has the term+ signing later, from 6.2-6.5 I'd say to 6.5-7M.

Last edited:

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Well--going to annoy leaf fans who are so happy with their start

there are a few numbers that stick out

the goalies have a save % of .899 and .806 with a 3.02 and 6.00 gAA

Leafs need to score a lot of goals the way your D and G is playing

Anderson aint Grant Fuhr

This is nothing new for Andersen. His October form is regularly under .900

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: Confucius

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Nothing wrong to be biased, but take it out on Nylander and his father arent honest! The teams continues to make millions and exists forever, where players are a business product who gets flushed away if they arent productive.

Its comfortable and selfish to only see it from your and the teams perspective, and its not warrant to call out W.N and his father .

Nylander is RFA and on his first real contract, he says he wants to be a Leafs longterm, why should he take a discount when the team shows that they arent committed to him, they recently gave Tavares 11 m a year and both AM and MM are gonna be payed, Gardiner?

Hes been there from the start of the rebuild and everybody who can do the math can see that hes the odd man out probably for a defender, thought back in july that its happening in 1-2 years.

It makes me laugh when people keep bringing up how much JT makes. He earned every penny.

Willie can think he is worth 8 mill which is about as far as can be from the truth. What a player says his value is doesn't mean jack when it comes to market value and more importantly team value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daisy Jane
Feb 24, 2017
It makes me lagh when people keep bringing up how much JT makes. He earned every penny.

Willie can think he is worth 8 mill which is about ad far as can be fr the truth. What a player says his value is doesn't mean jack when it comes to market value and more importantly team value.
He needs to know his role and take the pole am i right?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Nothing wrong to be biased, but take it out on Nylander and his father arent honest! The teams continues to make millions and exists forever, where players are a business product who gets flushed away if they arent productive.

Its comfortable and selfish to only see it from your and the teams perspective, and its not warrant to call out W.N and his father .

Nylander is RFA and on his first real contract, he says he wants to be a Leafs longterm, why should he take a discount when the team shows that they arent committed to him, they recently gave Tavares 11 m a year and both AM and MM are gonna be payed, Gardiner?

Hes been there from the start of the rebuild and everybody who can do the math can see that hes the odd man out probably for a defender, thought back in july that its happening in 1-2 years.
the problem is he wants to be payed but his comparables are making less then his eported ask.
I get it its gonna suck when he looks at his teammates and they get payed more but they are also better.
Nylander should be getting less then 7 his comparables but his ask is 7+.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If Nylander was playing right now...chances are he’d be out scoring Pastrnak.
latest

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
If he signs a team friendly deal, there is absolutely no reason for the Leafs to trade Nylander.... they’d be much quicker to unload Kadri, Marleau, Or depth peices for defensive prospects...

Disagree! I personally dislike cheapshot Kadri but he brings different skills to the table who Leafs arent stacked with. They dont need more cotton and picks right know, they should bring in some toughness at deadline in line 3-4 and try to go after something real good at the backend. Nylander + , you have johnsson, kapanen, leivo, lindholm to throw in a deal.

A Borgman with brain had improved this team alot, he are one of the few in your team who can clear around the crease with his strenght. A puckmoving Rhd who can skate out of trouble and make a play would be great addition, but those arent for free. You have many speedy players who can chase and catch those chips from the backend, but last year and what i seen this year, are that many of those pucks gets caught and ends up with a scoringchance against.

Personally i wouldnt move Nylander , you can say that Am dont miss Nylander on the scoreboard right know, but you can see Am need to go so deep down to get the puck and do it all him self, that arent gonna sustain, hes a great workhorse but more important in a offensive position right away, Kapanen is pretty good in offensive zone, but someone need to get you there with possession, if only have Am in that role when the real season starts, it will be alot easier to shut down that line.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Wouldn’t Nylander need to be in Hall’s stratosphere for a hypothetical trade to be similar?

Let's not be revisionist about Hall right now.

Not saying that Nylander is better but Hall didn't break 60 points until his 4th season, Nylander has done it twice on his ELC.

Feb 24, 2017
Let's not be revisionist about Hall right now.

Not saying that Nylander is better but Hall didn't break 60 points until his 4th season, Nylander has done it twice on his ELC.
But Nylander plays with first ballot hall of famers
And who is being revisionist when you’re not factoring in the Edmonton tax that limits high draft picks from succeeding
Only exception is the best player in hockey
He was always gonna be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad