Speculation: Nylander VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well--going to annoy leaf fans who are so happy with their start

there are a few numbers that stick out

the goalies have a save % of .899 and .806 with a 3.02 and 6.00 gAA

Leafs need to score a lot of goals the way your D and G is playing

Anderson aint Grant Fuhr
Good, so you feel the numbers will continue to get better. Yes, that one game by Sparks, a 7-6 win by the way, inflates the numbers. Lucky we have the talent to score a lot of goals. No, we won't go ,81-1 for the regular season, but we are a good team and Nylander will only make us better wether we trade him or keep him.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
He needs to know his role and take the pole am i right?

If you want to fulfil your dreams and be a part of something special yes.

The players in Tampa are a prime example. Taking less so they can make a run at the cup.

That is the entire point after all. It's not about who makes the most. It's about who gets to hoist the cup and join that elite club of true winners.

Feb 24, 2017

The players in Tampa are a prime example. Taking less so they can make a run at the cup.

That is the entire point after all. It's not about who makes the most. It's about who gets to hoist the cup and join that elite club of true winners.
Isn’t there some uproar about how Tampa can pay less cause taxes mean take home is same?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Isn’t there some uproar about how Tampa can pay less cause taxes mean take home is same?

I'm sure that factor's in some way but it isn't the be all end all. It's always been that way in FL. It's only the past couple of years they have been loading up for a true run. Good players resign there and OK trades there so they can join that group on their push. They have a couple of anchors but by and large they have a lot of players at less then what their value truly is...

Feb 24, 2017
I'm sure that factor's in some way but it isn't the be all end all. It's always been that way in FL. It's only the past couple of years they have been loading up for a true run. Good players resign there and OK trades there so they can join that group on their push. They have a couple of anchors but by and large they have a lot of players at less then what their value truly is...
I wasn’t trying to be sassy or anything
It sounds like their tax there allows them to pay their players top dollar without paying cap top dollar
The only thing the players are actually sacrificing is seeing their names higher on a cap hit list, while actually taking home the same benjies as the players “ahead” of them

Reactions: Catch22
Feb 24, 2017

Do we know William Nylander’s motivations? Maybe he is a guy who needs to be seen as the man and isn’t wont to sacrifice for those around him.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Nylander camp has to be sweating now.

Leafs are scoring
Leafs are winning
Leafs are stacked on C and RW.
Nylander is losing money by the day.

6.75m x 7
Hopefully you realize that if it's $250K or $500K than the Leafs were initially offering, that's $1.75M or $3.5M more over the length of the contract.

Losing money by the day ?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
But Nylander plays with first ballot hall of famers
And who is being revisionist when you’re not factoring in the Edmonton tax that limits high draft picks from succeeding
Only exception is the best player in hockey
He was always gonna be ok

I mean, I agree with your basic point (i.e., Matthews) but I wonder if you realize you just called Zach Hyman a 1st ballot HOFer. :)

Feb 24, 2017
I mean, I agree with your basic point (i.e., Matthews) but I wonder if you realize you just called Zach Hyman a 1st ballot HOFer. :)
Nylander gets to play with Auston on both 5v5 and PP, and has better players than “break me” on the PP with less physical threat to him.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Nylander gets to play with Auston on both 5v5 and PP, and has better players than “break me” on the PP with less physical threat to him.

In all honesty I don't understand your post. Neither Matthews nor Nylander have played on the first PP unit since they joined the team in case that's part of your point.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
In all honesty I don't understand your post. Neither Matthews nor Nylander have played on the first PP unit since they joined the team in case that's part of your point.
That's slightly disingenuous.

The PP time is pretty much distributed equally.

2016-17: Matthews 2:27, JVR 2:24, Marner 2:23, Bozak 2:22, Nyalnder 2:21, Kadri 2:11

2017-18: JVR 2:17, Marner 2:12, Bozak 2:11, Matthews 2:09, Kadri 2:05, Nylander 2:01

2018-19: Marner 2:26, Tavares 2:26, Matthews 2:23, Kadri 2:15

2016-19: Tavares 2:26, JVR 2:21, Matthews 2:20, Marner 2:17, Bozak 2:17, Nylander 2:11, Kadri 2:09

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
I wonder if the leafs are regretting sending Nylander and Mariner down for their D+1 seasons. It probably would have been easier to sign Nylander last year and Mariner this year. They probably wouldn’t have signed Marleau. But that shouldn’t have been a priority anyway

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
This stalemate seems to have fallen off the front page on most sports sites. Too many interesting stories happening on the ice.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Prediction.

Nylander sits out till end of the month, every day and every Leafs game the hosts keep saying crazy things.

Nylanders camp decides waiting longer hasnt gotten the Leafs to go above their original offer of 6ish, so the come down from the 8 to 7.25. Dubas says he can come up to 6.75 but thats it, and to sweeten the pot he will make this year almost fully a signing bonus as to offset the cash Nylander has lost out on by missing a month.

Signs November 1st, after the Dallas game. Leafs hot start slows a bit, but Kappanen and Matthews are still flying and Matthews is still +-3 points in the scoring lead in the NHL.

He is given a lighter load as the next three games are at home, and he can be matched easier.
He starts on Kadirs wing and will remain there until Kappanen gets cold.

6.75 million for 8 years is the deal, meaning a 6.5ish million cap hit for the remaining years and 8ish million for this year.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If 52 million over 8 years was rejected to miss the start of the NHL, yikes.

90 players in the NHL are at a point per game this year.

75 players in the NHL scored more then 60 points last year.

This is the new high scoring NHL.

I wonder if the hold up is term. Really hope we keep him.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I wasn’t trying to be sassy or anything
It sounds like their tax there allows them to pay their players top dollar without paying cap top dollar
The only thing the players are actually sacrificing is seeing their names higher on a cap hit list, while actually taking home the same benjies as the players “ahead” of them

State taxes are pretty miniscule and offset by property taxes and other financial considerations.

The weather and ocean is probably way more attractive to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad