Trade: [NYK/BKN] Mikal Bridges, 2026 2nd for 2 2025, 2027, 2029, and 2031 1sts, 2028 swap, 2025 2nd, and Bojan Bogdanovic

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So the Nets, by my count, received 9(!) firsts out of the Durant deal.

What will be the backpage of the NY post tomorrow is my big question. There will be a pun about a bridge in there, I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Yeah NY better win now, that’s a ton to give up for a 3rd tier star. Also this A+ work from Marks getting those picks back from Houston. They can go full tank now. Nets are the OKC of the East now

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That seems the kind of move you make if you think the guy's what you need to push you into title contention. Does anyone think that the Knicks were a Bridges away, though?

Reactions: ESH

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
That seems the kind of move you make if you think the guy's what you need to push you into title contention. Does anyone think that the Knicks were a Bridges away, though?
They targeted his profile for his versatility with the Celtics in mind
They also have to re-sign OG

They gave up a lot though and the 2025 draft will be loaded

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just an insane trade with no many moving parts. You can go in so many different directions.

I don't think Bridges is worth that but at the same time, he makes the Knicks a lot better and a couple of the picks will likely be pretty late. Their defense in particular has the potential to be special with OG back as well.

Smart move by the Nets to start the tank by getting these picks and their own picks back. Their franchise was going nowhere and at least now they can start trying to build back up.

One thing I'm surprised to be hearing today is the people saying the Rockets shouldn't have given up the tanking picks back to the Nets because of how valuable they are. I highly doubt the Nets were going to make the Bridges trade without the deal with the Rockets already agreed upon. It was either going to be both or neither. If the Rockets refused then I bet the Nets would keep trying to be a play-in team, which helps no one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad