Trade: [NYJ/PHI] Haason Reddick for 2026 3rd round pick

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The thing is, at some point Reddick needs to report to actually become a free agent after the season. Will he?
I've read in places that they can potentially toll his contract if he isn't available for at least 8 games and I've seen references that the team can basically have him work out for 3 weeks to get back in shape if they don't think he's up to snuff.

So theoretically he could only have a week or maybe two left before the Jets could really hardball him.

Granted, from what I read, the CBA wasn't explicitly clear, so likely it would come down to arbitration.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I've read in places that they can potentially toll his contract if he isn't available for at least 8 games and I've seen references that the team can basically have him work out for 3 weeks to get back in shape if they don't think he's up to snuff.

So theoretically he could only have a week or maybe two left before the Jets could really hardball him.

Granted, from what I read, the CBA wasn't explicitly clear, so likely it would come down to arbitration.
With that timeline, I wonder if that had any role in the agent getting rid of him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bottom line is that his agents told him he needs to show up, or they don't fee they can help him. And I get why he doesn't, he looks like an idiot taking all those fines and not get a deal. But that puts him in a different place now.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lions have made a big deal about culture since Holmes and Campbell came on board.

Of all the possibilities, this is the last one I see happening.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would Lions potentially calling up Jets to offer pick and take headache off Jets hands with Hutchinson injury make any sense?
Reddick is not playing due to contract not just the team. He was due $14.25 mill. Are the lions going to get him plus redo the deal to get him to a number he’s comfortable with for 2024 (prorated) at like $18 or $20 mill for example?

The big fish out there is Maxx Crosby. And it kills me to even suggest that as a raiders fan but checking upon his contract he is finished the guaranteed money after this season. On the books he’s got $10.2 in dead money from his SB and Restructure and due $22 mill in real money for 2025. At this point guys of his talent typically demand a new contract. So looking at Bosa/Watt type money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad