Trade: [NYJ/PHI] Haason Reddick for 2026 3rd round pick

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The thing is, at some point Reddick needs to report to actually become a free agent after the season. Will he?
I've read in places that they can potentially toll his contract if he isn't available for at least 8 games and I've seen references that the team can basically have him work out for 3 weeks to get back in shape if they don't think he's up to snuff.

So theoretically he could only have a week or maybe two left before the Jets could really hardball him.

Granted, from what I read, the CBA wasn't explicitly clear, so likely it would come down to arbitration.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I've read in places that they can potentially toll his contract if he isn't available for at least 8 games and I've seen references that the team can basically have him work out for 3 weeks to get back in shape if they don't think he's up to snuff.

So theoretically he could only have a week or maybe two left before the Jets could really hardball him.

Granted, from what I read, the CBA wasn't explicitly clear, so likely it would come down to arbitration.
With that timeline, I wonder if that had any role in the agent getting rid of him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bottom line is that his agents told him he needs to show up, or they don't fee they can help him. And I get why he doesn't, he looks like an idiot taking all those fines and not get a deal. But that puts him in a different place now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad