Proposal: NYI/VAN: Mathew Barzal for Elias Pettersson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
NYI would have to sweeten it due to the disparity in contract length and Q.O.'s.
I don't think QO has anything to do with it, according to Capfriendly (if I'm reading it correctly)

Qualifying Offer Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Barzal signed his contract after 7/25/20, with the new CBA so his QO is the AAV of his current contract, 7M per +20%

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm averaging Kyle Palmieri's current shooting % so odds aren't in my favor...

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
While I think both players are comparable, I still don't think Barzal has reached his peak. I also don't think he's struggling. The team, as a whole is struggling. Barzal, singularly, is still doing all the right things. He's not struggling imo.

Lastly, from an entertainment value, Barzal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Petterson and that's why I want to keep Barzal.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
But you guys aren't really "building". You guys arent exactly stockpiling draft picks and have have the oldest team in the league. Isn't or wasn't this team in a "go for it" now mentality? Will you guys go full rebuild if you don't make the playoffs this year?
They're the oldest team in the league because they have Chara, Greene, and Parise. The entire core of the team is under 31.

If they don't make the playoffs, they will not rebuild. They are built for now. They will retool a bit, like every team does every summer. Their core is signed long term, and they have plenty of cap space to add.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Nobody disputes that, but Barzal is also good and has a more complete game. Barzal has a career high of 85 points vs. EP's 66.
I think both teams say no because its a big risk for lateral move amd you dont want to be the GM that gave away the better player once both player eventually turn it around. I want to see how Petey plays under Boudreau before thinking about trading him. He played really well this first game with Bruce, really liked his hustle and he even did PK.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
NYI would laugh that one off. Pettersson is mentally broken and physically weak.
Am confident he will turn it around. He is hesitating to shoot and sometimes pass especially in PP. Bruce needs to rewire his brain to shoot. He already did it with Boeser who scored after a 14 game goal drought. Green was just a garbage coach for our team, should have been gone long time ago

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d want to see Barzal do less perimeter play before I signed off on this. At least I know when Petey gets his rhythm going again he consistently challenges defenseman in the slot.

They’re about equal value with equal potential in my eyes. I wouldn’t be happy or sad if this went through, just curious.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
If it is high risk for both teams wouldn't that automatically make it high reward for both teams. As in if one team loses the trade horribly the other has to have won it.

The upside is low for both teams, hence the low reward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad