Waived: [NYI] Sam Bolduc, Pierre Engvall, Hudson Fasching, Liam Foudy, Marcus Hogberg, Grant Hutton, Frederik Karlstrom, Jakub Skarek waived by the Islanders

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
What future? Islanders have a 3 year window at best and that window is to hopefully sneak into a wild card, and until Eiserman proves anything he is another questionable prospect
I thought they looked fabulous in the preseason.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
FB_IMG_1728250865408.jpg

Reactions: MCR74

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Lou has completely f***ed the New York Islanders for the next decade as I predicted 2 years ago when instead of starting the rebuild he went all in and made the idiotic Horvat trade and this trade and signing and now the Islanders are stuck in mediocrity for the next 2-3 years until they are forced to start a long and a miserable rebuild

You could’ve saved some keystrokes and written ‘I don’t watch the Islanders or know much about their situation’.

Reactions: mm11

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Engvall is exactly who a rebuilding team with lots of cap space, may look hard at claiming. Even with the contract.

Think this is just Lou trying to dump the contract. Can’t really see him not ending up playing in the NHL this season. The Ducks could use him for example.. He works hard and plays the game the right way. Exactly what you want around your kids. He’s a consistent 30 point player. They keep him for 3 years, then he’s probably pretty easy to move or buyout cheap.

Rebuilding teams want the flexibility to open up bottom 6 forward roster slots to give their up and coming ELC forwards ice time. If Engvall only had a couple years on his contract remaining I could see one of the rebuilding teams interested in him, but six years is way too much term

Also Engvall doesn’t have a track record where teams might view him as a good veteran presence to mentor the young guys.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Imagine if they buy him out. NYI would be on the hook until 2036..

That's insane.
It is insane and it was a mistake. Ultimately that's the problem every GM learns when they take over the Islander helm. You have to do crazy things simply because most big name players don't want to sign on the Island when all the glitz and glamour are only 1/2 hour away playing at Madison Square Garden. Engvall may have been the best of what Lou thought he would get given that he swung and missed at every attempt at a name player not named Horvat. The Isles have always had to build from the draft. Draftees have no choice in the matter and eventually learn to love playing on Long Island and in fact often hate to leave. Once an Islander always an Islander and that's because it takes someone special to want to play for the Islanders. It really is like a family here and you can hear it it from the players. Tsyplakov could have gone anywhere but he is smart. He knows he could play a bigger role away from the big lights and big cities also it apparently helped that former Islander Shane Prince his teammate in the KHL helped convince him to sign with the Isles. I think the future is very bright for the Islanders at least for the next 5 years. Still can't believe other teams left Cole Eiserman on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad