Value of: NYI Partial Liquidation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
It is still way too early for trades. Lou will make trades if the Isles are out of it. Valarmov has value. Clutter, and possibly Bailey , are good playoff performers and might be of interest to a contender. The Isles need a LD. I can't see them trading anyone one of their D.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All that you said is a no go is all I’d offer good value for

Irrespective or your personal preferences, players like Beauvillier, Nelson, and Mayfield would be big minute upgrades for Detroit.

Nelson is a much better option for 2C than Pius Suter.

Or maybe you just love playing Danny Dekeyser 20+ mins every game. To each their own.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Players like Nelson and Mayfield are miles better than anyone Detroit would have been trying to sell off on last year or the year before.

No salt, but it's a complete false equivalency on your part. You're trying to compare a Ford Focus to a V8 Chevy Camaro.
They are both cars... just like comparing Det supporting cast to NYI support cast from recent years are both hockey players :laugh:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
They are both cars... just like comparing Det supporting cast to NYI support cast from recent years are both hockey players :laugh:
Oh okay, cool.

I have a dollar bill. I'll mail it to you, and you can mail me back a hundred dollar bill, okay? Both are just bills of currency after all so shouldn't be a big deal to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior60

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone who suggested "liquidating" a team understand cost benefit and asset value?

Unless you are Melnyk, you don't trade quality assets, you build on them.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Scoring wingers, younger, speed. Someone who can keep up with Brazal and help him score.

How about a deal around Scott Mayfield for Brock Boeser?
For cap purposes, would Clutterbuck be available? (I know that you guys currently have around $1.44 million but Mayfield is $1.45 mil * 2 and Clutterbuck is $3.5 * 1 so it should be pretty close to being able to fit in Boeser's $5.875 * 2).

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
The wanted a 1st + good prospect…. Which is def in range of what I’d expect in a lindholm trade.

unfortunately Islanders don’t have a prospect in the realm of zegras, so not sure why you are listing him .

Perreault + 1st prob higher than anything Islanders could have offered for lindholm

not interested....Pulock is a keeper unless an overpayment.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
How about a deal around Scott Mayfield for Brock Boeser?
For cap purposes, would Clutterbuck be available? (I know that you guys currently have around $1.44 million but Mayfield is $1.45 mil * 2 and Clutterbuck is $3.5 * 1 so it should be pretty close to being able to fit in Boeser's $5.875 * 2).

I like Boeser but he's a RFA at the end of the year and will be looking for a big contract. Not sure this is a good fit since my isles have to sign Brazal to a long term deal.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Someone posted that they were trying to retool and trade some player from roster with exception of a few. and what do you do? Ask about the players who we want to keep and basically insult the rest of the roster which a bunch are a hell of a lot better than some of your players on Detroit

The discussion of this post is about he players we want to move. just curious what don't you understand? you're right you can say anything on this site but it's just a waste because it's not something we as isles fans want to move or discuss in particular to this specific thread.
From the Leafs perspective I am not seeing anything that fits. Any fwd of interest has too much term and frankly they have all been playing like a steaming pile of excrement

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
As an Isles fan I'd do Beau/Mayfield for Tarasenko or Mayfield/Clutterbuck for Boeser.

I'd love to have some skill on the team, that'd be swell.

When we're checking both fore and back it's fantastic hockey to watch. I'd give up a little of that for a god-honest threat to score

I don't think ST. Louis or Vancouver would do them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad