Value of: NYI Partial Liquidation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I'm surprised you want to sell your C, Anderslee. Is it his play? The injuries? Is it just to make Barzal Captain?
Personally, I'm not looking to sell him at all costs, But I wouldn't consider Lee to be completely off limits at this point and would listen on him if I had any say in the matter.

I just don't think he fits in perfectly with the apparent window closing and his age and prototype.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Captain or not, we need a change in roster and philosophy. Brazal needs more speed and younger players on his wings. He's wasting away with guys like Lee, Bailey and Parms on his line. Isles need to be more offensive and need to loosen the noose on some of your young talent

To me, whoever is the Captain is not a big deal.

Over Lou's dead body

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Over Lou's dead body

That's the problem. Lou and Trotz are not going to trade some of the older players and retool like we should. Isles fans have a very long season ahead of us. Only bright spot, maybe we can continue to play and have a lottery shot at Shane Wright. Shoot if the Devils and Rangers can get lucky and get the 1st and 2nd overall picks in multiple seasons maybe we can get some luck too

Ledge And Dairy

then don’t respond to me if I’m being that insulting or you don’t wanna talk about it. What your accusing me of you are doing yourself.
I mean you are clearly either extremely ignorant or a complete troll, all you are doing is spamming a relevant thread with horrible takes and pointless digs. If you have nothing useful to add then move along. It's really not that hard

Reactions: Reality Czech

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
But you will settle for a second Round pick +B-level prospect, right?

Depends on the prospect. you know how the deadline goes, prices always go up. Playoff teams looking for that 1 or 2 players. Goaltending is a premium. Look at Varly's stats in the playoffs and he's last 2 regular seasons with the isles.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If you don't like the players we would be selling than no need to comment. You don't see us asking about Raymond or Larkin do you?

I mean, Detroit and NYI are in polar opposite positions, though. I can see the Isles not wanting to get rid of Barzal/Wahlstrom/Dobson, but the other three would demand big assets and could be early 30s by the time NYI builds back up.

They definitely don't need to sell them, but it actually seems to be working wonders for Columbus right now. Not saying they should, just saying it's not ridiculous for somebody to suggest it.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
The only Isles UFA with a little bit of value is Clutterbuck, who might return a 3rd or so at the deadline. The other pieces who could be moved are signed for more years and requires a bigger deal than just picks.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I'm surprised you want to sell your C, Anderslee. Is it his play? The injuries? Is it just to make Barzal Captain?

Probably because; he's 31, his cap hit is $7m for 4.75 more seasons and he is not trending well... wouldn't touch that contract with a 10 ft pole.

Reactions: Elliman

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And from the Ducks fans they wanted a kings ransom. So, sure you can have Pulock for Zegras
The wanted a 1st + good prospect…. Which is def in range of what I’d expect in a lindholm trade.

unfortunately Islanders don’t have a prospect in the realm of zegras, so not sure why you are listing him .

Perreault + 1st prob higher than anything Islanders could have offered for lindholm

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Clutterbuck is an easy move as a ufa at 50 off

after that not sure who they purge but I’d deal Varlamov to a contender

Is Bailey moveable

Reactions: goal1228

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
If Mayfield was truly available the Habs should take a swing at him, even though they should be rebuilding. With his contract and style, I think he’d be option in the mid-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad