Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Oliver Wahlstrom re-signs with the Islanders (1 year, $1M)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Probably about 200k to much. Supposidly he was injured a good part last season, hopefully Roy can figure him out somehow

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
People fall in love too much with an elite shot . “It can’t be taught!” They say.

Wahlstrom, Holtz, Zadina, their pro-caliber shots carried them to junior domination and high draft choices.

Takes more than that to be a scorer in the NHL

I would also add Timo Meier to that list for future reference. We drafted him when Rantanen, Barzal, Chabot, Connor were still on the board because our scouting staff thought we needed a shooter to pair with Jumbo during the time when Setoguchi left. Our staff was so enamored by his "NHL-ready shot" that was on display in the QMJHL. What a load of crock that turned out to be. His shot sucks in the NHL and I only consider it a wicked shot when it is off the rush.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Nice. The Hoglander sort of, "do something" deal. Maybe he'll come back and score 20G next year. Or maybe not.

1 year should bridge nicely to Eiserman anyway.

DutchSenators

Dec 23, 2020
I would also add Timo Meier to that list for future reference. We drafted him when Rantanen, Barzal, Chabot, Connor were still on the board because our scouting staff thought we needed a shooter to pair with Jumbo during the time when Setoguchi left. Our staff was so enamored by his "NHL-ready shot" that was on display in the QMJHL. What a load of crock that turned out to be. His shot sucks in the NHL and I only consider it a wicked shot when it is off the rush.
yeah, real one trick pony Timo Meier is...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Amazing wrist shot. No other NHL caliber skill. He'll be in Europe within 3 years.
I really don't think this is true. He has some very good puck skills beyond shooting. He's a good stickhandler, and a good passer. The problem is he's not nimble or explosive enough to play a finesse or speed game, and when he tries to use his strength or physicality, he gets himself hurt. He doesn't anticipate or brace for contact, and he doesn't seem to know how to seek body position, take good angles, or deliver checks.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I will say, the NYI obsession with Shane Pinto is getting borderline creepy.

I get that he's from there.
I think the only confirmed player I can remember having who was an Islanders fan as a kid is Ryan Pulock, and he's from the great Canadian prairie, not Long Island. So kinda ranom. If NYI had any shot at Hagens, Pinto would be long forgotten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad