Speculation: ANA - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I have literally nothing to be salty about. Just kinda shocked at the level of ignorance there is in terms of McTavish and the Ducks.
I think it's fair to say that McTavish is underrated but that also Detroit wouldn't part with Seider for him.

He had an off year, but Seider's potential is enormous, and #1 RHD are the most coveted position in the NHL.

Personally, I think Seider is a bit overrated (i.e. closer to Byram than Makar) and McTavish is quickly becoming one of the most underrated players in the league IMO, but I still see why a move like that doesn't make sense for DET.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I want to ponder a few different ideas here.

First is , what would a potential return look like for Fowler + Gibson.

Second, say for whatever reason Seider didn’t want to sign in Detroit. Could there also be a potential deal around McTavish, IF Seider were-to-be available?

Nothing. Nothing would be your return for Fowler + Gibson. Because you'd balk at something like Husso (or any goalie not named Cossa) and Maatta and a pick, but that's probably the value.

And it's worthless to speculate about Seider. Any we would accept from you for Seider you would balk at (and rightfully so). He's not indicating that he won't sign with Detroit, so any talk about that is not discussion worthy. Because if there were rumblings he wouldn't sign, the price would be lower and teams would know that. But as it stands, it's you making up a hypothetical that changes the calculus too much for a worthwhile discussion to come from it.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Neat. Not shocked that Wings fans are defensive about one of their two good draft picks over the last few seasons.
Well, no shit. Should we not be in favor of our own really good player? Do you really need us to be like "Oh, Mason McTavish, have our babies, you underrated hunk of man!"

We don't want to trade Moritz Seider for Mason McTavish. He's very important to us and even if we get an awesome player in McTavish, we'd be trying to address one hole in our ship by blowing another hole in the other side.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County

Second, say for whatever reason Seider didn’t want to sign in Detroit. Could there also be a potential deal around McTavish, IF Seider were-to-be available?
I don’t think the Ducks should bundle Fowler with Gibson. That would just diminish Fowlers value. If Gibson has negative value, the Ducks can ride out his contract.

If someone wants to make a pitch for Fowler, alone, great. It would have to be a hockey trade or net positive for the Ducks though as he’s their de facto #1 on defense. He can certainly be had as he’s likely not in their future plans, but they would definitely need value back.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

I wouldn't be opposed to a Fowler/Gibson deal but I think there would be too many moving pieces for this to make sense.

As a baseline guys like Husso and Holl would to go Anahiem's way and I suspect that doesn't have much appeal for the Ducks. I also wouldn't be looking to a pay a premium for this kind of swap.

As for Seider... He's not available. Full stop.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
It would cost a lot more than McTavish to get Seider. Seider is one of those players where if is he on ur team you do everything to get him to sign and you don't trade him unless its for a absolute kings ransom.
So why isn't he signed? I get it it's a business but the guy is a cornerstone tent-pole piece and it's not like the team is in cap hell during a flat cap era.

Nobody knows what's really going on but a fair assumption is the two sides don't agree on money and or term obviously.

The fact that Raymond is also not signed kind of makes it look like Stevie is playing hardball which unless these two want an absolute overpayment which honestly is pretty doubtful since there's tons of comps to go off.

I see no reason why either wouldn't want to stay long-term so this really shouldn't be a difficult deal(s) to get done, especially MO. I get there are two sides so they have to find common ground but sheesh how far apart would they possibly have to be for it to drag on this long.

Is Stevie trying to pay the dead cap 8×8? Or is Mo asking for 12? Because 10 million seems about fair for your young #1 who according to wings fans plays the toughest minutes in the league.
What do wing fans think they are worth?
And who's to blame for the delay?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So why isn't he signed? I get it it's a business but the guy is a cornerstone tent-pole piece and it's not like the team is in cap hell during a flat cap era.

Nobody knows what's really going on but a fair assumption is the two sides don't agree on money and or term obviously.

The fact that Raymond is also not signed kind of makes it look like Stevie is playing hardball which unless these two want an absolute overpayment which honestly is pretty doubtful since there's tons of comps to go off.

I see no reason why either wouldn't want to stay long-term so this really shouldn't be a difficult deal(s) to get done, especially MO. I get there are two sides so they have to find common ground but sheesh how far apart would they possibly have to be for it to drag on this long.

Is Stevie trying to pay the dead cap 8×8? Or is Mo asking for 12? Because 10 million seems about fair for your young #1 who according to wings fans plays the toughest minutes in the league.
What do wing fans think they are worth?
And who's to blame for the delay?

Why does there have to be a "blame"?

What is the fundamental problem on, September 9th, that requires blame to be directed at someone?

Reactions: TCNorthstars

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Because 10 million seems about fair for your young #1 who according to wings fans plays the toughest minutes in the league.
Minor correction, that’s not according to Wings fans but rather a statistical fact that can be looked up. He has played the toughest minutes in the NHL by a fairly wide margin.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't have a link handy, but Seider told the press in MI that he isn't going anywhere (he's building a house here, etc.) but said he wants a fair salary. He's also been on the record saying Raymond is his best friend off the ice too, so it wouldn't surprise me if they''re trying to get matching term and be the next Parise/Suter combo. All this would explain why it's taking a while, however.

So what you're saying is package deal? :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: MCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad