GDT: NY Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:30PM | Kadri Scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
We have a legitimate young core. I'm still a bit iffy on JVR, but when looking at the roster, our situation doesn't seem that bad. Gardiner, Granberg and Rielly look great as well.

The Gardiner - Phaneuf pairing looks quite steady as well. It'll be interesting to see how they perform after today.

JVR has looked great tonight. Kessel looks like he has some fire too. Lupes and Bozak look lost.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Just another loser poor game by phil kessel. Always tends to dissapoint.

He is not a winner player, horrible character too.

Horachek = Laughs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
JVR has looked great tonight. Kessel looks like he has some fire too. Lupes and Bozak look lost.

Agree with all except Kessel, he's either hurt or he's gassed this season. He isn't moving as well as he was early this year or last year. Not sure what has happened to him?

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Kessel isn't really a negative, but I'm wondering if we can get top pairing defenceman+ out of him during the offseason. If we keep him, it's not like we don't have a core that can potentially compete long-term.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I'd be interesting to see Kadri and Holland as the top six centres in the near future. Add Nylander, Panik, possibly Brown or JVR ( if he's retained), and we'd have an interesting top six.

Yep, very interesting. It would be another top 5 pick to go with whoever we get this year.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

I missed the game - how beside the net trick shots did JVR try and score with tonight? He's not one my favs on this team when it comes to outworking the opponent.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
No he's our best defence - everyone on here says so. Corsi backs it up. Just wait - you'll see - have faith - only old guys who like rough and tough hockey don't like him. He carries the puck out the zone so well - just watch - you'll see - have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad