Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
They will never win anything with a Nurse-Ceci and Skinner combo. You can't have a terrible top 4 defensive pair and an average goalie and win anything meaningful. One of those maybe but not both.

McDavid was a complete no show. I know he's earned a lot of rope but absolutely inexcusable from your captain. Nobody showed up really outside of Ekholm and Hyman.

Team is just too content to be just ok, no aggression, no taking initiative, no passion. The last 2 games of the Kings series were like this too, not good enough not nearly good enough.
Agree on everything. I said before the game that Janmark will neutralize McDavid. Knob being McLelland level stubborn by not moving away from him

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
you let in one of those last 4 goals in the playoffs, it's bad. Skinner gave up 4 straight awful goals to give them the game. I've seen enough of this guy.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I've never been more embarrassed about a postseason game in the Mcdavid era. Every single Oiler completely stopped moving their feet once they thought it was in the bag.

We got absolutely walked by a team missing its starting goalie, and who's top offensive player is rumored to be injured he's been so unimpactful.

Giving up a lead like that without any kind of pushback in the regular season is one thing, but this is the kind of momentum these young teams who people are convinced are on a season long "heater", absolutely feed off of.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
On the bright side I don’t think we can play any worse than that. What a blown opportunity. 4 goals on 12 shots against a shaky goalie and we don’t test him again for another 22 minutes. Horribly officiated game didn’t help. Scrub this one and get ‘em next game.
You can’t pass up opportunities like that. I expect them to be better but when you get gifted a W gotta go for the jugular, the whole team was already thinking about their post game meal going into the third.

Reactions: iCanada and rec28

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
Not to mention that it would be nice if the Oilers could muster up more than 7 shots in 2 periods against a shaky rookie goalie WTF (RNH should have scored that one...)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Cant tell if that loss feels like game 1 loss to Calgary. Or Game 1 loss to Vegas.

But Vancouver is a pretty shitty team. And we played way worse.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You'll be even more annoyed when you hear his post game conference where he thinks he played good.

I dont think hes ever thought he played a bad game.
Nah he knows how bad he played you could see it in every reaction after the majority of his goals. He better make this one up to the boys cause that was horrific. The only goal he gets a pass on is the first one, but every goal was a low quality chance.

Reactions: iCanada

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A lot of people blaming the D and the goaltending but 7 shots in 40 minutes just isn’t it. They stopped playing at 4-1. This is the playoffs. That can’t happen.
They stopped playing way before 4-1. Only a terrible 3rd string goalie allowed this game to be a 4-1 game when in reality, it was more like a 1-1 game with both teams looking like dog shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad