GDT: NUCKS n ducks SUNDAY March 3, FIVE pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I know, I know, but they have to try this one last (?) experiment with Professor Miller and hope it's a miracle cure!
He's just not a top six player. But if if something might work I think Miller is a better chance than try to force him with ep who's just too skilled for it to work.

Stiiiill having mik in the top six just really feels liie a bit of a showcase, atleast convince a team he can maybe be useful, even if he just skates around getting nothing accomplished it'll loik better than innthe bottom six.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Garland and Lindholm don't work together. Blueger and Garland are great together. Put them back together.
Let’s see how it works out for this game - I think Tocchet wants to try and get some offence out of Lindholm - that’s why Garland is on his line.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Mason McTavish and Cam Fowler were both out of last night's game with the Devils, and are 'questionable' for the Sunday game with the Canucks.

I mean seriously.....this game should be 'no contest'. But the Canucks are unfortunately playing down to the level of all their opponents recently. And the Ducks are coming off back-to-back wins over the Sharks and Devils. So their confidence will be sky-high.

Just not getting positive 'vibes' from the Canucks on the road these days. I could be an ugly Sabbath on the Duck Pond for the Canucks.
I thought we already had this 'nadir' when we lost in SJ, then this slump happened. EP just signed a contract, hopefully he has a big game to celebrate and this doesn't become ugly Sabbath.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Woah woah woah! Take a deep breath!

We are comfortably in a playoff spot and the team is tired and struggling. Plus, this is a situation that no one on the team (other than coaching and management ;)) have been in before.

The team came out of the gates like a back-seat teenager because they were underdogs and it is easier to surprise other teams when you are the underdog.

This team has had a MAJOR mid-season script change and are now trying to feel into the role of Bullies instead of 100lb weaklings.

Let Tocch and everyone else f*ck around with the lineup all they want. Coach and Mgmt know that the only important games are a couple of months away. In the meantime there are "teaching moments" for Tocch and the crew.

I am honestly treating the next 15 games or so like Spring Training for the Blue Jays. Get ready for when the games really count.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Woah woah woah! Take a deep breath!

We are comfortably in a playoff spot and the team is tired and struggling. Plus, this is a situation that no one on the team (other than coaching and management ;)) have been in before.

The team came out of the gates like a back-seat teenager because they were underdogs and it is easier to surprise other teams when you are the underdog.

This team has had a MAJOR mid-season script change and are now trying to feel into the role of Bullies instead of 100lb weaklings.

Let Tocch and everyone else f*ck around with the lineup all they want. Coach and Mgmt know that the only important games are a couple of months away. In the meantime there are "teaching moments" for Tocch and the crew.

I am honestly treating the next 15 games or so like Spring Training for the Blue Jays. Get ready for when the games really count.
I'll come like a backseat teenager all right.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - EP40 - Suter
Garland. - Lindholm - Hogz
Lafferty - Blueger - Aman

Hogz - Miller - Lindholm
Podkolzin - Ep40 - Boeser
Mikheyev - Suter - Garland
Lafferty - Blueger - Aaman

Until we trade for Guentzel or Vatrano I dont think we have the chops on wing to take advantage of 3 top Centres.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Earlier in the season management (I think it was Rutherford) said something like if they were to call up Podkolzin it would be with the idea that he remains up with the NHL for the rest of the season

Podkolzin playing with Miller is something I’d like to see. If there’s a player to emulate it would be him.

I expect Podkolzin to be prepared and highly motivated when he slotted in. He’s gotta prove he belongs as he’s coming down to his last chances

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Its just one game. They are a concern right now, and another loss will be problematic, but they are a long way from "big trouble".
They have lost 6 out of 7.

Play LA, Vegas, Peg and Col after today.

If they can’t beat the Ducks, it’s conceivable they could lose the next 4 as well.

That would be 11 losses in 12 games.

That’s Big Trouble.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Our grip on 1st place in the league has slipped..There's ebbs and flows in a season, and recently , we've been on an ebb...Kind of gotten away from our initial identity this season...There's no excuse for being outworked (like the last game against the Kings).

Good to see Podz back in the lineup, and i'll be rooting for him ..although keeping expectations minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad