Proposal: NSH - PIT

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Owen Pickering for Tomasino or Parssinen.

Nashville likely can't afford both and will potentially lose one to waivers if they do sign both.

PIT gives Nashville a former 1st round pick who has somewhat stagnated, but still likely pans out as an NHLer.

Nashville gives PIT a LW that is an NHLer now they can sign for a few years and then trade for value down the line.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I imagine it’s fine for Tomasino.

It’s not that the Preds can’t afford them… they’ll probably only get something around the league minimum. But rather they just don’t like Tomasino. So a change of scenery style of deal would be very likely in his case.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pärssinen plays the style Brunette wants.
Tomasino, though good, does not.

Id do the trade for Tomasino but not Pärssinen... even though i think Tomasino in the right situation will be the better producer in the NHL

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I imagine it’s fine for Tomasino.

It’s not that the Preds can’t afford them… they’ll probably only get something around the league minimum. But rather they just don’t like Tomasino. So a change of scenery style of deal would be very likely in his case.

You think they both get league minimum? If that was the case why haven’t they signed now?

I was thinking they each get like 1.5-2 mil.

Reactions: Ignatius

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Owen Pickering for Tomasino or Parssinen.

Nashville likely can't afford both and will potentially lose one to waivers if they do sign both.

PIT gives Nashville a former 1st round pick who has somewhat stagnated, but still likely pans out as an NHLer.

Nashville gives PIT a LW that is an NHLer now they can sign for a few years and then trade for value down the line.
Don’t know that Pittsburgh should be trading Pickering considering the lack of touted U21 defensemen.

Dubas started addressing the defense through the draft but it’s gonna take more defensive drafting to refill the cupboard.

Let Pickering play his 1st full pro season in Wilkes-Barre Scranton before making a decision on whether to make a move.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Don’t know that Pittsburgh should be trading Pickering considering the lack of touted U21 defensemen.

Dubas started addressing the defense through the draft but it’s gonna take more defensive drafting to refill the cupboard.

Let Pickering play his 1st full pro season in Wilkes-Barre Scranton before making a decision on whether to make a move.

I don’t think it has anything to do with how I value Pickering. I’m just not worried about what we have in the pipeline right now.

Chances are none of those players will be here during the inevitable rebuild. Tomasino and Parssinen can add value to the current roster and are young enough that if they pop you can get value back for them.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
You think they both get league minimum? If that was the case why haven’t they signed now?

I was thinking they each get like 1.5-2 mil.
:oops: Wow, no they both got sent to the minors last season and are by no means guaranteed spots in next season’s lineup either. I’d say there is a greater chance of them getting put on waivers than either one getting $1M or more.

I’m assuming the current sticking point is more about whether they get 2-way deals or 1-way. Trotz probably wants them to take 2-way deals. But either way, the NHL salary won’t be much more than the league minimum, if any.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
:oops: Wow, no they both got sent to the minors last season and are by no means guaranteed spots in next season’s lineup either. I’d say there is a greater chance of them getting put on waivers than either one getting $1M or more.

I’m assuming the current sticking point is more about whether they get 2-way deals or 1-way. Trotz probably wants them to take 2-way deals. But either way, the NHL salary won’t be much more than the league minimum, if any.

Tomasino has 70 points through 140 games. No arb rights, but I feel like he has an argument for more than minimum.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Pickering for fancy Thomas might be fine.

He'll make a fine 4th line RW for a couple of games before he's the guest interview by Bourque and Getzoff while being a healthy scratch for weeks.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think it has anything to do with how I value Pickering. I’m just not worried about what we have in the pipeline right now.

Chances are none of those players will be here during the inevitable rebuild. Tomasino and Parssinen can add value to the current roster and are young enough that if they pop you can get value back for them.
I mean Kindergarten Kyle can just see if Pickering does well enough in WBS this season and move Pettersson at the TDL and get back a pick and reclamation prospect and recall a vet to rotate with Pickering in the NHL. Tomasino would be nice, but we have an idiot for a coach that would never give him any sort of fair shot. Especially as a C where he would fit best, Sullivan would likely just bounce him around as C/RW and then completely botch his assignments because he doesn't really care to put players in a position to succeed.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Unless he's a scrappy undersized vet who can take a roster spot away from Yager or any other prospect then he's useless to us.

If Nashville has a second or third round pick I'd give up Pickering and Eller and play Yager 3C and Hayes 4C. I know Silly-Van won't allow it, but we need to start stockpiling draft picks and Eller still has a bit of trade value left, while Pickering could use some new scenery.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Tomasino has 70 points through 140 games. No arb rights, but I feel like he has an argument for more than minimum.
Well, in a normal world he might have that argument, except if he is asking for that money the Preds simply won't sign him, because they don't think he's an NHL player and he doesn't really have any spot in the lineup.

He probably should have just taken his QO, even as a 2-way deal, and hoped to get picked up on waivers. But now he'll either have to take whatever league minimum-type offer the Preds have for him, or go to Switzerland or something. It's really a complete waste of a good player by the Preds, if that's how things actually are playing out here. :dunno:

That's why a nice change-of-scenery type of swap would work great for Tomasino, save everybody from that ugliness.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00