Confirmed Trade: [NSH/PIT] Jordan Frasca for Cody Glass, MIN '25 3rd, '26 6th

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Can someone explain what the Preds are doing here?

Seems an absurdly lopsided deal
Nashville had something like 7 picks in the first three rounds of the 2025 draft. The third had less value than it normally would to a team. Clearing Glass from the roster was necessary for cap reasons. I don't think anyone gives a shit about a 6th in 2026.

Last edited:

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
“No, waiter, I said I’d like a Glass of Fresca”.

EF2BA74B-1737-4E3A-B034-E9220FECCD21.jpeg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Am I going to hate him more than Tanner Glass?

Don't deny your love for Tanner Glass, Tanner Glass is the greatest of all time at everything.

Tanner Glass could walk onto the field after the world series is won go "this is mine now." and take the trophy and and baseball would be over, there would never be another world series as Baseball would accept the fact that the world series belongs to Tanner glass now.

Tanner Glass could walk into Tom Brady's house say "get out of my house." and Tom Brady would accept that It's Tanner Glass house now.

Tanner Glass can do all things

All hail Tanner Glass

Reactions: Ulf5

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They refused to give Glass in the Pacioretty trade and Montreal had to settle for Suzuki, thank god
Yeah its crazy how something back in 2018 or whenever the trade was made would have only been viewed as a bit better return for Pacioretty now basically allows the habs to have any chance to contend moving forward

No suzuki and the habs are looking for a 1C that most likely is not coming to them.

Habs move worked great, Sens got bit getting branstromm for Stone which at the time looked like a good deal.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Don't deny your love for Tanner Glass, Tanner Glass is the greatest of all time at everything.

Tanner Glass could walk onto the field after the world series is won go "this is mine now." and take the trophy and and baseball would be over, there would never be another world series as Baseball would accept the fact that the world series belongs to Tanner glass now.

Tanner Glass could walk into Tom Brady's house say "get out of my house." and Tom Brady would accept that It's Tanner Glass house now.

All hail Tanner Glass
Found Alain Vigneault's account.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think I'm among the last ones here who still loves Glass' potential to contribute in this league.

Hope it works well for him in Pittsburgh.
Nope. I've remained a fan of his and continue to hope he can carve out a long and meaningful NHL career. He's a good kid who deserved better than how the Golden Knights "developed" him.

BeaverTail

Oct 9, 2014
Glass is basically the more expensive less physical version. So this is basically a contract swap and payment for absorbing Glass' caphit. Was hoping we could dump Glass for less than this but atleast it didnt cost a 2nd
Am i reading this right? Glass is a far, far better player than Frasca and its not even close. What a wild take pretending like a guy who couldnt even crack an AHL lineup is basically the same as Glass but more physical.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Glass has nice size, RH shot and can play center and RW. He fits what dubas wants which is a player who has decent size, is still younger at 26 so good move.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wild career so far

I always wondered what would have happened if Benning didn't catch on that Vegas was going to backstab Vancouver in the 2017 draft with the NYR

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Oh wow I have been fully misreading this trade for hours thinking Nashville was getting the picks and I was so confused how he had that kind of value... makes a bit more sense now but think Pitt did very well especially since I wouldn't call Glass a complete write off

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Glass has the right name since he is invisible most nights. The good thing about him is you will never know he’s out there as far as boneheaded turnovers and bad penalties are concerned but the bad thing about him is you don’t know he’s out there are far as scoring is concerned either. There have been several games where I didn’t even know he played until I looked at the box score and he would have 15 minutes of ice time.

Last edited:

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

All hail Tanner Glass
Best selling book back in the day.
1723601632415.png

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Am i reading this right? Glass is a far, far better player than Frasca and its not even close. What a wild take pretending like a guy who couldnt even crack an AHL lineup is basically the same as Glass but more physical.
Glass has been a shell of what he was drafted to be. You can call him whatever you want and i wish him the best but if he cant stay healthy or play like he gives a damn he will be out of the NHL in a year or two.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Im not sold on Dubas, but I’ll give him this. This is an absolute steal of a trade as is. Glass has untapped potential assuming he can be healthy. Playing with the likes of Crosby and Mallon will most likely help him reach that next level
Oh come on, this about the 15th time Pittsburgh acquires a lesser NHL player and people comment "He'll do AMAZING playing with Crosby or Malkin!" Seems they all go there to die....How did Reilly Smith do last year? Kapanen? Puljujarvi? etc. etc.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Glass is basically the more expensive less physical version. So this is basically a contract swap and payment for absorbing Glass' caphit. Was hoping we could dump Glass for less than this but atleast it didnt cost a 2nd
Agreed, accept for the part where Frasca couldn't even crack a less then mediocre Wilkes-Barre/Scranton lineup the past 2 years has played a whooping 10 AHL games and his highest achievement was fighting some meathead in the Hershey Bears bench in his AHL debut and getting hurt alot. At least Glass is an NHL regular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad