Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Mikael Granlund re-signs with the Predators (4 years, $5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
He was their forward with far most ice-time last season. Hynes seems to lean on him heavily. My prediction is that Nashville will be pretty irrelevant in the next half decade.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Poile couldn't let go of Hyne's favourite!

Lmao, yikes deal. You'd think the flat cap would have taught GMs to be somewhat better with contract management but...clearly that's a nope!

Reactions: Morrison

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
People calling it a bad deal clearly did not spend a second watching Nashville last year.

It's a fair deal now, but is liable to be "meh" in year 3 and bad in year 4, when he's 33 and Hynes (who has gotten the most out of him) is probably gone. A 2-year deal for $5M AAV would've been a lot better, IMO.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
People calling it a bad deal clearly did not spend a second watching Nashville last year.
It's not a great deal, but for our current set-up and cap space it's fine for one of our better players. Not (fully) Granlund's fault that the Preds are a great black hole of suckage for offensive production. A million less or a year less and I'd be happier, but it's not crippling.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Seems like a lot $ and term for a guy who lost his offensive touch and is starting to get old..

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
He played with a ton of energy and grit last year. Every once in a while he'd also make a nice play... but it's really more just the offense from him that worries more than anything else. He was a really solid 2-way player and very consistently engaged and physical. Just not as creative as I would expect from his reputation.

I hope this contract doesn't make him too comfortable. He had a lot going on off the ice when he first came to Nashville, so we tend to give him a pass for his first go-round with us. But if he's just going to be a 0.5ppg player, he really needs to keep that gritty edge he had last year. Settling down now that he has $20M coming his way would definitely make this a far worse deal. But it's going to be fine if he keeps that edge. Possibly wears an "A" for us next year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think this is a mistake for Granlund the preds have started what looks to be a rebuild with the Arvidson and Ellis trades

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad