Now a Montreal legend Dale Weise

3low5*

So, those whining about the loss of Diaz who never even played should be done with that by now. Perfect addition to the fourth line!

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
‏@DarrenDreger
According to @aaronward_nhl the NHL on TSN crew has slowed video of handshake down and lip-readers should be able to decipher Lucic threat.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
welcome addition 6'2" rhs grit speed hands heart

said this before but want to reiterate because really like weise

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
We must keep him. Awesome trade.

Oh, we're keeping him. He's already earned his next contract with his good play since the trade. Besides, he's a RFA at the end of the season so it's not like there is much risk of us losing him to another team.

It's Ryan White who's on the way out.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
3 goals -2 game winners

1 overtime winner
1 game winner
1 dagger goal in game 7 round 2....

....Dale Weise!

Give the man a 4 yr deal now.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's a more effective troll than Lapierre. I thought he'd be just a grinder but no doubt he's an agitator after this series and his attempts at Lucic.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Oh, we're keeping him. He's already earned his next contract with his good play since the trade. Besides, he's a RFA at the end of the season so it's not like there is much risk of us losing him to another team.

It's Ryan White who's on the way out.

Moen, Prust, White, Weise are the usual 4th line cast. Usually one guy is injured all the time due to their style of play. Unless you are putting Briere in there you need all 4 and hope 3 of them are healthy.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Extremely good acquisition by Bergevin.

Extremely clutch in these playoff....and a kid that grew up as a Habs fan.
That's a keeper for sure.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
3 goals -2 game winners

1 overtime winner
1 game winner
1 dagger goal in game 7 round 2....

....Dale Weise!

Give the man a 4 yr deal now.

That's the term I would like, but for how much ? Weise has above average skill and hands for a 4th liner and if he fancies himself a 3rd line guy he will either want a lot more than an average 4th liner or want a short term deal to prove himself more, in which case he goes UFA after a year. For me 4 years at $5M total should do it.

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
Don't slow down it's time to get turned up

image.jpg

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I was in the minority of people liking the trade when it happened. I was called crazy when I kept reiterating how below average Diaz is.

Weise brings a great element to the team. Smarts, speed, leadership.

Hilarious that both will be in the conference finals.

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
He must be living a dream now. From going no where with the nucks to a playoffs hero with the Habs in an even crazier hockey market

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Milan Lucic to Weise in the handshake line as per Aaron Ward: "I'm going to ****ing kill you next season."

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
What I love about Weiss is that he perfectly reflected fan ethos. It's what we wanted, not some play it cool, walk away attitude. What he did to Lucic was cathartic for habs fans and within the range of what's possible for our team given our boys cant take Lucic in a fight. It was a cerebral response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad