Post-Game Talk: Nov. 2, 2016: Detroit 3 at Philadelphia 4 (OT)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Its just ****ing crazy but oh well. I mean if he wanted a more conservative dman use RADKO GUDAS.

We won though so ill stop the *****ing and save it for another day

This. Gudas is better in every single zone than AMac, a better skater, and actually damn reliable. I don't know what the hell they see in AMac's "skillset," as Hak said after last OT, to warrant him starting in OT. It's awful.

And while I'm fine with Coots in OT, and even Simmer...together is just a no-no. They're not dynamic skaters or puck handlers. Their strength is the cycle game and boards work, and they're net crashers which isn't much good when it's wide open hockey.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Weise looked like crap on the top line. He looked like a 4th liner playing with the big boys and just neutralizing play. Schenn was pretty crap to start, so I do get it. But switch back eventually, especially after Schenn started going. You have to trust he'll snap out of it, and he can change a game with a play.

Also, I'm very happy Lyub scored, just to counter VDV's goal. 1st goal in 55 games. What an Umberger-esque accomplishment. I thought for a minute it might buy him another 55. It still might, but Lyub helped his case.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I really hope Hakstol doesn't put Voracek back with Giroux. Let Voracek lead that dangerous 2nd line we've been wanting for years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This. Gudas is better in every single zone than AMac, a better skater, and actually damn reliable. I don't know what the hell they see in AMac's "skillset," as Hak said after last OT, to warrant him starting in OT. It's awful.

And while I'm fine with Coots in OT, and even Simmer...together is just a no-no. They're not dynamic skaters or puck handlers. Their strength is the cycle game and boards work, which isn't much good when it's wide open.

Yup. I mean look at AMac try to stay with Larkin then end up sliding out of the play only to be bailed out by Jake..the guy is just brutal. Hes being asked to do too much.

I agree on your point too. Coots and Voracek of TK would make sense. Coots and Simmer is not going to work in OT.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We outshot them 32-16 after the 1st period. We deserved that win.

We need to get Konecny and his speed out there in OT. I would put him and Couts out there since Couts can cover him a bit.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I really hope Hakstol doesn't put Voracek back with Giroux. Let Voracek lead that dangerous 2nd line we've been wanting for years.

That seems like only line he hasn't tinkered with. That line is very important as G can carry anyone. Highly unlikely he switches 2nd line

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Im okay with it in late game comeback situations and OT but otherwise I agree. Give them each a line to lead.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Unbelievable finish! Streit tied the game again late! Giroux had a beautiful dish to Voracek there who hammered that past Mrazek.

Beautiful :clap:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

But Giroux really should get TK though. Sticking G with Simmonds and Schenn/Weise really gives him no one to create with.

TK G Simmonds
Schenn Couts Voracek

That is what I would like to see.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Cleveland gets a run off Chapman in the 8th

6-4 Chicago in the 8th with 2 outs

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I was a little bothered by VDV and PEB, the Dynamic PK Duo, starting and seeing most of the PK with only 4 minutes left in the game. That's a crucial PK to stay within 1. How do you not turn to Couturier there? Read-Lyub (it is nice that Lyub is becoming a regular) went in after VDV-PEB, then Coots for a very short but effective PK shift. If you don't want to put your best players out there during the course of the game, fine. But in crucial scenarios? C'mon.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yup. I mean look at AMac try to stay with Larkin then end up sliding out of the play only to be bailed out by Jake..the guy is just brutal. Hes being asked to do too much.

I agree on your point too. Coots and Voracek of TK would make sense. Coots and Simmer is not going to work in OT.

Hak doesn't trust Konecny yet. I'd roll Coots-Schenn. Schenn is more skilled in space than Simmer, Coots too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The worst is, look at AMac's stat line. It looks good in paper:

21 minutes
1 assist
+1
2 shots on goal
6 blocked shots

Ad

Upcoming events