Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
We’ll beat them at Home then shock them in Van with another win.

If this team has shown me anything this year is that they can and will respond.

McDrai will not go quietly into the night. This loss sucks, get your pissing and moaning out of the way tonight and be ready for 2 straight victories.
Winning two in a row requires both enormous effort and luck. You can't count on the latter. This is all what it comes down to now. They will need to give 110% and have all the good luck in both games.

They won 2 of 9 against the Canucks, what makes you confident that they will win 2 in 2?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Duclair was there for the taking for a third. This team desperetely needed someone like him, someone with a motor that can score off the rush to slot into the middle six.
Servalli called him out too. Said in an all in year and all he could muster up was Henrique and Carrick?

Reactions: Cloned and Gnome17

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Draisaitl, Mcdavid, Hyman, Bouchard and Ekholm looked dog tired. A consequence of lack of depth, and having 2 third pairs who can't move the puck. There was a shift late in the third where Ekholm willingly got off for Kulak in the Ozone while the other 4 were still on, I've never seen that before.

Reactions: lopper

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
To keep in mind we outplayed Nucks 3 games in this series badly outplaying Nucks as they did to us tonight. But stewed Skinner threw two of those games away. its why I say throwing games in playoffs is so dangerous. you simply can't have a starting goalie be as bad in the series as Skinner was. ultimately that too catching up with Oilers, ironically now.

Pickard would have won every one of the first 4 games but his team was badly outplayed today for first time in series. Canucks have more juice because they've played some one period games.
Yep exactly.losing game 1 after being up. 4 to 1 was backbreaking

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The top guys were all MIA. McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hyman, all AWOL. Great timing to pull a disappearing act. Bouchard went from hero to a complete zero, and was not just invisible but an active detriment back there, with absolutely terrible puck management and passing which led to at least one goal directly. And this is why I will never laud his performance at the NHL level -- he'll have games like this where he reverts back to form and looks like a f***ing nervous rookie out there, handling the puck like it's a pre-season game. McLeod continues to f***ing duck hits and nope out instead of eating one to make a play.

They kept turning it over near or at their blue line, or our blue line, and coverage in our zone was once again passive, reactive and looked like a 3 alarm fire. Scrambling all over the place, guys wide open in the slot or the D backing up and letting the guys move in from the tops of the circles to have good looks... FFS this team. Just do not have it in them, and I suspect they'll fold like wet noodles next game. Always making it hard for themselves at every turn possible instead of playing smartly and intelligently.. have to be some of the most f***ing stupid people playing the game at the NHL level man.

Without Pickard, this would have been like a 4 or 5 goal deficit, not a one goal game. Another year, another wasted chance, another lineup shrivelling up and curling into a fetal position as they sewer the dwindling years of two of the top players. Embarassing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'd say that Pickard deserves another shot in the net in Game 6. Sad as it may be, I don't think I have the confidence right now in Skinner to backstop this team in an elimination game.

Don't have a lot of positive things to say about tonight, but I have no doubt that the players themselves are aware that another effort like that will lead to certain elimination on Saturday.
Not even a question in my mind. Pickard was sensational tonight and the only reason it wasn't a blowout.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If anyone ever questions how much effect a coach can have in a series, I point you to Rick Tochett

He might be the best coach in the NHL right now
I agree. He had trash players to work with in Arizona but they were always a competitive, hard working team, that gave the Oilers fits back then. Now that he has a decent roster to work with, tops in the Pacific and one win away from the WCF. Now excuse me while I f***ing puke.

Reactions: LevelingSolo

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Infuriating game. We finally get an elite goaltending effort and our best players drop the ball and got out worked by their best players.

It's especially disappointing because we finally showed we are bigger and stronger then them - pushed them around in game 4 and we come out in game 5 and didn't finish a single f***ing hit.

Pathetic effort from everyone but the fourth line basically.

We didn't deserve to win and need to be better. Likely against Demko.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean, injuries are about the only valid excuse there is

What the f*** else can you say?
I think the problem is that even if they were healthy, could you envision them making a tangible difference right now?

Team needed to add speed and motor, instead they traded for more of the same.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
By generational you must mean my grandfather’s generation, they played like 90 year olds

I'm not trying to throw you under the bus but weren't you calling for an Oilers sweep before the series started? Maybe it was someone else but someone kept posting that

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Boys stopped playing after the first 5-10 minutes. Couldn't handle the canucks pressure. Too many times off the glass and not instead of trying to make a play.

Hopefully they come out with some intensity for the full game on Saturday.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Holland doesnt deserve the dignity of "being retired" should be fired day after this season is over.

Zero done to help this team. For all you "muh Henrique" first round pick for a guy who isn't no where near that value.

Stretcher
Carrick
Gagner
Perry

So much garbage additions this year.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers have lived and died with their PP. Otherwise, they do very little 5 X 5. And that goes for the superstars as well. Tonight, we were given 5 PP's and did absolutely nothing with them. Expected result.

Yeah, the 5v5 play has been weak. Might be getting out coached, but that's partially a consequence of a GM with no plan aside from blowing all his cap space on patchwork every year that had to go through 3 coaches, 2 of them rookies.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I think the problem is that even if they were healthy, could you envision them making a tangible difference right now?

Team needed to add speed and motor, instead they traded for more of the same.

Henrique and Stecher would absolutely make a difference.

Canucks played their slowest players tonight. It wasn't speed or motor. No one f***ing showed up for 2 periods

The team literally played like it was some random game in January (not this January obviously)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad