Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They were dominated all night. Bouchard, McDavid and Draisaitl the worst players on the ice.

Drai looked good early but damn he was terrible after the first few shifts. He took a pretty big cross check on the early PP. Wonder if he reaggravated something.

McDavid just hasn't been right all season. Yes 100 assists but he just hasn't had that gear.
Drai ran out of gas but he's been carrying the team all series. Where has McD been? The only time McD has looked like a star is playing with Drai. Drai has brought it every game. Hyman was awful too. Nuge was actually good in this game and scored a goal the other night. McD is not being the difference he has to be.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
McDavid was the player most responsible for the loss but without doubt Knob is doubling down on stupid playing McDrai together and over playing them period.

You are trying to win a cup. Four rounds. Likely 22+ games with a needed 16 wins. At 6 wins and only the second round you gas your best players this badly.

It's f***ing stupid.

Even if we somehow win this series how the f*** is the team supposes to win with their best players on empty the rest of the way.

So stupid. So predictable. Only reason we didn't just lose the series is because Knob pulled his head out of his ass and didn't play Skinner.

Next game play your f***ing depth. Split Mcdrai, and start f***ing Pickard. What's the over under on that cause I bet on Knobslob doing exactly the opposite.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Holland gives up a first for two players that can’t even play. Yeah, injuries, but still not a great look.

I mean, injuries are about the only valid excuse there is

What the f*** else can you say?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm outta here, this place is so toxic after loses. It's not an elimination game
We been here before against LA. Yes it was a brutal game after going up 2-1. Absolutely caved by the Canucks but again they get a lucky bounce to win

Crazy how good Pickard has looked in 2 games
If only knobnuts made the change a game or even 2 earlier

It's going 7 guys....
They played great in Game 6 down 2-3 in the series against both LA in 2022 and Vegas in 2023. The problem with being in this position is that all it takes is for a goalie to get hot, like Hill did last playoffs, and you're eliminated.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Putting together all the facets of the game always seems to be a problem.

You can't blame the goaltending tonight and the supporting cast was a bit better.

Get a goal from the biggest stars and its the Oiler's game.

Apart from Mc-D, what has happened to Hyman?
This was total domination by the Canucks. No other way to frame this IMO.
I kept thinking that there was no way this gets to O/T.

It didnt.
The Oilers didnt deserve to win this game at all.
What a weak kneed response after the way they won game 4.

Reactions: lopper

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid was absolutely putrid tonight. Pains me to say it, but man alive. Not only did he have nothing going, but it appears to me that he blew is check on the GWG. If he doesn't bounce back in a big time way on Saturday the team is done. Honestly for this series, after tonight, it feels like it's all over but the cryin'.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Where's the pushback? Jesus Christ I'm tired of no physical response. Kane, Nurse, Perry, Desharnais. You guys alive?

Oilers are dumb and unlucky but man they look pathetic. Pathetic.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
McDavid gave up on his check with less than a minute to go. Bouchard with the giveaway. Skinner with terrible play in the 1st 4 games.

We beat ourselves. Again and again.

Time to tear this thing down this summer as it ain’t working.

Wow really sounding like Leafs fans now.

Maybe what those psychos at CP say is right, maybe we are the Leafs of the west...

81hk.gif

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
To keep in mind we outplayed Nucks 3 games in this series badly outplaying Nucks as they did to us tonight. But stewed Skinner threw two of those games away. its why I say throwing games in playoffs is so dangerous. you simply can't have a starting goalie be as bad in the series as Skinner was. ultimately that too catching up with Oilers, ironically now.

Pickard would have won every one of the first 4 games but his team was badly outplayed today for first time in series. Canucks have more juice because they've played some one period games.
I agree. Knoblauch coaching like it’s a regular season game. You’ve been hearing from Tochett all series- have we heard anything from Knob except “great effort guys!”

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid was the player most responsible for the loss but without doubt Knob is doubling down on stupid playing McDrai together and over playing them period.

You are trying to win a cup. Four rounds. Likely 22+ games with a needed 16 wins. At 6 wins and only the second round you gas your best players this badly.

It's f***ing stupid.

Even if we somehow win this series how the f*** is the team supposes to win with their best players on empty the rest of the way.

So stupid. So predictable. Only reason we didn't just lose the series is because Knob pulled his head out of his ass and didn't play Skinner.

Next game play your f***ing depth. Split Mcdrai, and start f***ing Pickard. What's the over under on that cause I bet on Knobslob doing exactly the opposite.
Knobs not a good coach

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Drai ran out of gas but he's been carrying the team all series. Where has McD been? The only time McD has looked like a star is playing with Drai. Drai has brought it every game. Hyman was awful too. Nuge was actually good in this game and scored a goal the other night. McD is not being the difference he has to be.

Agree Draisaitl has been the better player pretty much all playoffs but he was horrendous tonight.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Also, what a pathetic, disgusting, ignorant fanbase that team has. If they're not rioting or throwing shit on the ice, they're completely clueless about what's actually happening on the ice.

Can't wait for that team to become irrelevant again so all the loser Canucks fan disappear.

It's not even funny like with Calgary fans, it's actually disgusting.

Reactions: Kerberos

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Had to build out a team with useful players through the lineup. We just play the crap out of 5 guys as our only hope to win. Need to win every series in 5 and have lots of huge lead time to rest our top guys. None of that in this one, we had to ride 5 guys into the ground every single game.
Oilers have lived and died with their PP. Otherwise, they do very little 5 X 5. And that goes for the superstars as well. Tonight, we were given 5 PP's and did absolutely nothing with them. Expected result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad