Movies: Nosferatu (Robert Eggers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
The one from the 20's still holds up pretty well. Not as well as something like Dr.Caligari but still prett well. Some stuff was just insane, like when Murnau tried to pass hyenas of as wolfs..

The remake of Salems Lot is also slated for this year i think.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I remember that Anya Taylor-Joy was attached to star in this for the longest time (Edit: Yeah, she was cast way back in 2017), but I guess that it took too long and she was too busy. I presume that Aaron Taylor-Johnson got the lead because his name is closest to hers. :sarcasm:

I'm a little burnt out by vampire movies and am not sure that we need yet another Dracula/Orlok one, but there are so few period/gothic movies these days. I'm interested mostly for the sets, costumes and thick gothic atmosphere that Eggers will surely provide.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I remember that Anya Taylor-Joy was attached to star in this for the longest time (Edit: Yeah, she was cast way back in 2017), but I guess that it took too long and she was too busy. I presume that Aaron Taylor-Johnson got the lead because his name was closest to hers. :sarcasm:

I'm rather burnt out by Dracula/Orlok movies, but there are so few period movies these days. I'm interested in this mostly for the period sets and costumes and thick gothic atmosphere, which I'm sure that Eggers will provide.

I do enjoy a movie with quality old timey hats, unfortunately I can probably count on one hand how many horror movies I've seen since getting married, so I can't imagine this one will join that short list

It at least looks better than the last vampire movie I remember seeing the trailer for, The Last Voyage of the Demeter, that one looked like a mess

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I do enjoy a movie with quality old timey hats, unfortunately I can probably count on one hand how many horror movies I've seen since getting married, so I can't imagine this one will join that short list

It at least looks better than the last vampire movie I remember seeing the trailer for, The Last Voyage of the Demeter, that one looked like a mess

How come you stopped watching after marriage? Vampire movies are good for renewing carnal voracity don't let the fact that you have won your woman now stop you .wink.

Last vampire movie I saw was Last Voyage of Demeter also and it was not very enjoyable. I did like the Dracula 2020 TV series when he comes on a ship like the Demeter film, but it was only three episodes and I'm dying for more vampire stuff. And I also watched a little bit of Discovery of Witches, which has vampires but was just very boring.

@Osprey would you recommend anything to watch?

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
I wonder if this one will be as esoteric and full of occultist ideas as the original. Freaky hollywood up to their shenanigans as always.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
How come you stopped watching after marriage? Vampire movies are good for renewing carnal voracity don't let the fact that you have won your woman now stop you .wink.

Last vampire movie I saw was Last Voyage of Demeter also and it was not very enjoyable. I did like the Dracula 2020 TV series when he comes on a ship like the Demeter film, but it was only three episodes and I'm dying for more vampire stuff. And I also watched a little bit of Discovery of Witches, which has vampires but was just very boring.

@Osprey would you recommend anything to watch?

The Mrs. is not into horror movies, so I guess I mainly get my horror fill thru video games

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I like Kevin Bacon. I imagine that Bacon and Eggers would make a great combo.

Keep going chief

rock-clapping.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad