North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Thought the McCallum slew-foot might warrant a suspension too!

Impressed with the big boys on D. Also, nice set of wheels on #20 Smith.

Without Wakely and Nelson, does Romani even get 35 this season?
Romani scored 58 last year. Don’t think he increases totals losing that talented line. I’d predict 45-50 unless he goes to another team where he will have better linemates(I’d expect OVS will be gone if someone offers the right package) and wakely is done with NB.

Also expect Romani to be invited to team Canada camp. May not make team but should get invite if putting up numbers after last year

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I guess the always popular slew feet are now exempt from additional discipline. PBO had 1 infraction and SBY had 2, apparently the Match Penalty is deemed adequate. I wonder what the difference is between a Match Penalty and Game Misconduct. 2 games for J.T. seems a bit low given his history. Maybe the repeat offender clock gets reset at the beginning of each season.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Wolves forwards Daks Klinkhammer and Blake Clayton will not be suspended despite their ejections for slewfooting in Sudbury last night. Penalty carries an automatic two games unless overturned on review, which was apparently the case.

From the Wolves forum. I will assume that McCallums was also reviewed and overturned. Which begs the question, " why take 5 minutes to review it in the first place "??

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad