Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Dodgers had the second best record in baseball and had to win a play-in game just to get into the playoffs. Then the two best teams in baseball played in the first round in a five-game series. Makes the NHL playoff format look respectable.
lol

every league should re-seed for the playoffs

why are divisons/conferences so sacred

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Having all your runs come on HRs isn’t a good recipe for success, need to string together some base hits for once.

It's not so much how they score, it's that they had too many bagels in their lineup. Other than re-signing Bryant + Gausman and adding another SP, goal for the offseason should be to get younger. Longoria, Solano, Dickerson, and maybe even Flores were mostly automatic outs all series. Even Yaz, but I'd hold onto to him and see if he can fix his swing.

Still a magical season and totally unexpected in the middle of a full-blown rebuild. Now we wait for the top prospects to make it to the majors.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That call was assnuggets, but the Giants put themselves in the hole with their lack of hitting all series.
I think the series accentuated how weak the Giants’ bullpen was compared to the Dodgers. The bullpen always seemed like smoke and mirrors to me and they were awful in the series.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
It's not so much how they score, it's that they had too many bagels in their lineup. Other than re-signing Bryant + Gausman and adding another SP, goal for the offseason should be to get younger. Longoria, Solano, Dickerson, and maybe even Flores were mostly automatic outs all series. Even Yaz, but I'd hold onto to him and see if he can fix his swing.

Still a magical season and totally unexpected in the middle of a full-blown rebuild. Now we wait for the top prospects to make it to the majors.

Absolutely. Part of the reason they weren’t able to string hits together was because of all of those holes in the lineup.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
I think the series accentuated how weak the Giants’ bullpen was compared to the Dodgers. The bullpen always seemed like smoke and mirrors to me and they were awful in the series.
And the bullpen was a gigantic reason why they won 3 in 6.

I know the game likely would’ve ended the same way(Dodgers winning) but damn it that’s a really shitty way to end such a great series and season.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The Warriors look like they ripped off a bunch of New York Rangers jersey materials and slapped them on theirs tonight.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
The Giants bullpen was not good in the Dodgers' series obviously. But our bullpen had the 2nd best ERA in baseball this season (behind the Dodgers). They were excellent all season, but the moment was clearly too bright for them. A lot of those guys are young, hopefully this was valuable experience for them.

Reactions: slocal

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
get_attachment_url

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
The Dodgers screwed themselves over in the Giants series. That’s bad managing by Dave Roberts. They sacrificed everything just to get past the Giants and he killed all their starters. Good riddance.

I am confident that Roberts is the gift that keeps on giving. Five straight division titles (and should have been another this year if not for the Giants' magical year), 300M payroll, tons of all-stars in the lineup with good depth, several all-star SPs, and a loaded pen...but they've only managed to win 1 WS. I think the Dodgers hiring Roberts over Kapler was a huge gift to be honest, and I'm obviously not complaining lol...

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I am confident that Roberts is the gift that keeps on giving. Five straight division titles (and should have been another this year if not for the Giants' magical year), 300M payroll, tons of all-stars in the lineup with good depth, several all-star SPs, and a loaded pen...but they've only managed to win 1 WS. I think the Dodgers hiring Roberts over Kapler was a huge gift to be honest, and I'm obviously not complaining lol...

*One-half a WS

But yes, we have somehow avoided a Dodger dynasty and it’s pretty sweet. Giving up top prospects for Scherzer who’s most likely gone is the icing on the cake.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
*One-half a WS

But yes, we have somehow avoided a Dodger dynasty and it’s pretty sweet. Giving up top prospects for Scherzer who’s most likely gone is the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately sounds like Bryant is too...that's a bummer. He's what 28-29? The Giants are a rich enough franchise to where I would hope they'd be able to afford paying him enough to keep him. They don't really have a great 3B prospect in the pipeline from what I know, and Longoria shouldn't be an every day 3B. Plus he's got the positional flexibility and bat. Same goes for Gausman (in terms of making sure to keep him) and Belt.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Well, after the Sharks game today I was like, that was a good loss. The Sharks looked tired, but they didn't give up and they almost came back and won. With the 49ers, they did give up. This loss is alarming on many levels. I hope they flex their next Sunday Night game out (Which is against Seattle). They don't deserve the Sunday Night spot.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Too bad it took him getting his knee messed up for the league to finally eliminate football tackles.

No-doubt hofer despite the counting stats maybe not meeting prior era standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad