Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Were they on the PK? If not, he technically had his man up top but you want him to make a hell of a lot better read than that when the other team has numbers and you're scrambling around the net. If they were...ugh. That's just head scratching. Like, he doesn't even move. Well he glides, but that's about it.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Buffalo dumped their remaining coaches.

Looks like they're going 100% new coaches next season.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Buffalo dumped their remaining coaches.

Looks like they're going 100% new coaches next season.

I'm hearing they kept Teppo Numminen. He's one of the assistant coaches, and I think he's the only one they didn't fire.

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
Were they on the PK? If not, he technically had his man up top but you want him to make a hell of a lot better read than that when the other team has numbers and you're scrambling around the net. If they were...ugh. That's just head scratching. Like, he doesn't even move. Well he glides, but that's about it.

Nope, full strength. In the Playoff Photoshop thread there's a view from behind the goalie. Ovi is marking the dman on that side (and in fact, the other rangers dman is just leaving the far bench from a change). It was a complete cluster on the Caps part as three Rangers took it to four Caps (5 if you count Ovi).

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
20130509136808541567205.gif

hilarious! :laugh:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Crosby, Ovechkin, and Tavares are finalists for the Hart.

Short of moving to an eastern conference team, not sure what more Jonathon Toews could have done to be named an MVP finalist.

Eastern bias is known to TSN reporters as well, it seems.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Crosby, Ovechkin, and Tavares are finalists for the Hart.

Eastern bias is known to TSN reporters as well, it seems.

I'm not going to say there is no such thing as an East Coast Bias (because there is), but I don't know how you could say that the three players nominated are not worthy.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm not going to say there is no such thing as an East Coast Bias (because there is), but I don't know how you could say that the three players nominated are not worthy.

Let's just say that I personally wouldn't have had Ovie in my top 3. He's a fantastically talented player, but his overall performance on ice really baffles me at times.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Let's just say that I personally wouldn't have had Ovie in my top 3. He's a fantastically talented player, but his overall performance on ice really baffles me at times.

He started the season poorly, no doubt. But you can't argue how valuable Ovechkin was to the Capitals this season. He practically carried Washington into the playoffs this year. Led the league in goal scoring I believe.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
He started the season poorly, no doubt. But you can't argue how valuable Ovechkin was to the Capitals this season. He practically carried Washington into the playoffs this year. Led the league in goal scoring I believe.

That's all true, but his antics out there would've convinced me to snub him and enter Toews in the top 3 instead. You can be the most valuable player even if you don't score the most goals in the league.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
That's all true, but his antics out there would've convinced me to snub him and enter Toews in the top 3 instead. You can be the most valuable player even if you don't score the most goals in the league.

IMO, what "hurts" Toews is the presence of Kane, Hossa, Sharp, et al. It may be a perception thing, but some voters may look at Toews as one cog in the Blackhawk machine. Whereas Ovechkin singlehandedly carried the Caps....with a little help from Green at the end.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
IMO, what "hurts" Toews is the presence of Kane, Hossa, Sharp, et al. It may be a perception thing, but some voters may look at Toews as one cog in the Blackhawk machine. Whereas Ovechkin singlehandedly carried the Caps....with a little help from Green at the end.

That could be a factor and it probably is, but I have to wonder if a guy like Kane would've been able to do as well as he did without Toews's influence. I mean, we're talking about someone who had to take his mom along to keep him in check when he played in Switzerland during the lockout. I doubt Chicago would've done nearly as well as they did without Toews, and it's not just the points. I guess it comes down to perception.

J22*

I would argue that Ovechkin is the only one of the three nominees that deserves to be there.

Crosby is the best player in the league, but he missed too much time and the Penguins didnt exactly miss him while he was gone.

Tavares being there is just a joke. Having a good year and taking a below average team to being slightly above average doesnt make somebody an MVP candidate.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I would argue that Ovechkin is the only one of the three nominees that deserves to be there.

Crosby is the best player in the league, but he missed too much time and the Penguins didnt exactly miss him while he was gone.

Tavares being there is just a joke. Having a good year and taking a below average team to being slightly above average doesnt make somebody an MVP candidate.

If that is their criteria, Suter should've been a nominee. The guy carried this team as far as he could...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad