OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Narveson should be off the team. Lost by 2 with a hampered Love throwing 3 interceptions and the completely healthy kicker missed two sub 50 yard field goals.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
That felt like a Wild game when they are up 4-0 and dominating for two periods and give up a goal late in the second to give the other team hope, and then the other team dominates the third and almost wins. Had Nailor let that ball go, and they go into half 28-0 or even more, would've been a blowout.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Narveson should be off the team. Lost by 2 with a hampered Love throwing 3 interceptions and the completely healthy kicker missed two sub 50 yard field goals.

You lost by 2 because the vikes went full garbage time mode by the end of the 2nd quarter. Cover two and no blitzes , lackadaisical offensive play with no commitment to do anything other than run out the clock. If they wanted to the game would have been 35-0 at the half. The vikes let up out of respect and the packers take some garbage time victory lap. What a joke

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You lost by 2 because the vikes went full garbage time mode by the end of the 2nd quarter. Cover two and no blitzes , lackadaisical offensive play with no commitment to do anything other than run out the clock. If they wanted to the game would have been 35-0 at the half. The vikes let up out of respect and the packers take some garbage time victory lap. What a joke
You won by two with Green Bay’s QB playing one of the worst games of his career while trying to shake rust off from being injured and a kicker that is terrible. The sad part is the vikings were spotted a 28-0 lead and nearly choked it away. You got a timeline gift from Love and two gifts from a terrible kicker. Stick your chest out though. It won’t last long.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Dont forget that the Vikings were robbed of redzone opportunity because of that "int" that was reviewed and not overturned.

We need a list on here of the people that REALLY like sports.
I mean i love sports just as much as the next guy. People just need to learn to not take themselves so seriously all the time. Great life lesson really.

Reactions: Blue Ox

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Did poorly enough in the 2nd half that hopefully it's a good enough wake up call even with getting the win.
Don’t think it’s much of a wake up call when the coaching staff basically just punted on the rest of the game until they actually needed a score.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Then it can be a wake up call for them.
I’m not sure how many times we need to witness these ridiculous comebacks when the game is over because one team went into garbage time mode too early. For me if they just keep playing on that drive at the end of the 2nd quarter and go up by 35 the game is over. Love probably wouldn’t have even come out in the 3rd

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I had some of my Packer fan relatives over to watch the game yesterday. I was a little worried how that would turn out, but everyone was surprisingly civil to each other...

On the game itself, I never felt comfortable with the 28-0 lead and said that out loud for everyone to hear. Too many times we've seen NFL teams jump out to big leads only to see them whittle away as the game progresses. Darnold looked good, overall, but was shaky in a few spots. I was impressed with his ability to put the team in field goal position towards the end of the game to make it a 2 possession game again.

NFC North looks to be the most competitive division in football. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Vikings, Packers and Lions all make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad People

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Vikes win was like some of Newcastle's wins this year. Caused a mixture of happiness, relief, and doubts among the fans, and maybe themselves. I don't know what was said on the sidelines to Nailor before that punt, but if nothing was said then the special teams coaching is at fault. You have to remind him of the situation there, and tell him that letting the punt go was definitely an option. Surely, with that high sun, someone should have thought it was a possibility that the ball could be lost in it?
A win's a win, but no way the Vikings come out of that feeling cocky.

On the other side, GB have to pissed that they got their asses absolutely handed to them in the first half at home. Embarrassing. The second half by them will go a long way to restoring faith in their team, especially the defense. For all the mistakes that the offense made, Love finally got untracked despite not having his usual mobility. You could see him limping throughout the game. Time will tell if they brought him back too early.

NFC North is going to be very competitive. We'll see what the Lions do tonight, but as of now, there are three playoff quality teams in the division.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I was impressed with his ability to put the team in field goal position towards the end of the game to make it a 2 possession game again.
Pretty much this. I remember saying before that drive that this is where i get a little uneasy with Darnold as our QB but he showed up and delivered. Also helps when you have the best skill position player in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad